ATS Aurora 5000

SBCNX20

Aug 7, 2006
Central MA
For what its worth....... My buddy Jason just broke his second A5K last FRI night his first one broke the shaft in half the second just loosened it enuff that in was contacting the housing and making this neet little ching,ching,ching noise at idle. I should have Added that they are standing behind it 100% and sending him a third charger!!!

Last edited:

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
Sounds like a oiling issue?

Anyhow, I've been real happy with the 5000. The 42 is probably the way to go for real big numbers, but it may be a tad harder to lite. If I was buying a new charger, It would be the 42. It probably has lower drive pressure.
The 5000 has good street manners. On a heavy truck you might not be so happy. A loose converter would make the 5000 a lot friendlier on the street.
As far as power, it will get your attention. Diesel Pilot is coming down tommorow and we are taking Freighttrain to the dyno. He's gonna have some seat time on the street as well. I'm sure he'll give you his opinion after he drives it.:D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
off topic, steve, do you have a moates roadrunner ecm in your truck? Just wondering as I imagine it would be really handy tuning on a dyno.

back to chargers....