ATP no longer offering tuning?

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
This popped up on FB, Rob did the tuning for my LB7 to LBZ conversion, (which seeing as how the LB7 was a federal truck, may still be emissions compliant?)

Anyways great guys to deal with, if this is true, hopefully their business thrives in other areas.

Attachments

• ATP tuning.jpg
    ATP tuning.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 361

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
As it reads they will still be offering tuning just not higher performance tunes (track/competition) or custom tunes that delete emissions equipment. I would think they would tune a vehicle to clean it up but not delete or make it a high hp street machine. It also sounds like they are trying to protect themselves from carb/lawsuits.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
WTF? :confused: I cant see how that would affect LB7/LLY/LBZ, but who knows.....
I guess we'll have to wait until Rob comes on to clarify.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
As it reads they will still be offering tuning just not higher performance tunes (track/competition) or custom tunes that delete emissions equipment. I would think they would tune a vehicle to clean it up but not delete or make it a high hp street machine. It also sounds like they are trying to protect themselves from carb/lawsuits.

The part about unlinking AutoCals made it seem more serious? (all encompassing)

WTF? :confused: I cant see how that would affect LB7/LLY/LBZ, but who knows.....
I guess we'll have to wait until Rob comes on to clarify.

Exactly what i was thinking, hoping Rob calls this out as FB BS.

That sucks! I loved their tuning on my LMM. The LLY is still stock for now.

The LBZ in my 03 runs so good, I often wonder how much of the improvements to that truck is the LBZ / six speed and how much of it is just Rob's tuning? LOL

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Reminds me of that smart mouth ass hat newbie posting here wanting info about deletes and whining about us not giving info. It’s because THIS IS THE CRAP THAT COMES FROM IT.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I have wondered why there customer service has sucked ass in the last couple months. I am glad I got switched over to Mark when I did.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
After seeing all this maybe we shouldn’t be talking much about tuning at all on the forums anymore. I don’t want to see all these guys lose their main source of business. Just a thought.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Sooo guess it's time to buy efi live and figure it out for ourselves?

Any of us that have a V2, have EFI live, the software is a free download. Just need a VIN license.

Need to set up a go fund me for ATP, to aid in the environmentally safe disposal of (pick something, waste oil?) and then with every donation to the go fund me, you get access to a library where these magical little tune files live!

That way we're not "buying" tunes, and Rob is not "tuning"! We all just hugging trees and keeping all that nasty waste oil out out the streams and ponds (or something like that)!

Oh well, sign of the times I guess.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
I really hope this isn’t a sign of the times.

Exactly what part of this did you all not see coming? You've got douchebags like RKL diesel here in Utah that cater to the dumbf!@#k hillbilly kids who think "rolling coal" is the coolest thing ever. They dont go fast at all either, just stab the throttle every few feet looking in them dumb ass elephant ear lookin mirrors for the smoke. Dont worry soon well have the epa not allowing any more light duty diesels be sold here in the us. :thumb:

Last edited:

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Exactly what part of this did you all not see coming? You've got douchebags like RKL diesel here in Utah that cater to the dumbf!@#k hillbilly kids who think "rolling coal" is the coolest thing ever. They dont go fast at all either just stab the throttle every few feet looking in them dumb ass elephant ear lookin mirrors for the smoke. Dont worry soon well have the epa not allowing any more light duty diesels be sold here in the us. :thumb:

Sad, but true.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Forgive my ignorance but my situation is I got EFI from them back in 2007 and they've built my DSP2 up multiple times as I've built my truck up. Where do I go from here as far as tune updates as more parts go on my truck? Also, does this mean trans tuning is out? Thanks in advance. -Garrett