AstroStart RS-611 programming

2trout

Mar 14, 2012
Cameron MT
www.2trout.com
I got an AstroStart RS-611 with an XPRESSKIT DBALL security system bypass unit.
It all looks fairly straight forward except for the programming steps for the RS-611. With the instructions that came with the remote starter, its a combination of icon pictures and like a flow chart, really does not make a lot of sense!
Has anyone here programmed an AstroStart RS-611 or 613 that can shine some light on how to proceed with the programming??, thanks for any help.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
From what I can tell, it's not the autostart that needs to be programmed. It's the DBALL. If you are trying to program it to the vehicle. If you are just trying to program certain features on the autostart, that is something completely different. To program the DBALL, you need an xloader with the cables. Then you would go to directed electronics website and d/l the programming specific to your vehicle and use the xloader to upload it to the DBALL. Then all the wiring begins. That's about all I can help out with right now.

2trout

Mar 14, 2012
Cameron MT
www.2trout.com
the RS-611 needs to be programmed as well, that is, changed from its factory default settings, such as auto gearbox, diesel and a few other settings.
The DBALL is actually really simple, it has a self learning ability, one goes through a few steps and it learns the cars security system in order to bypass it.
Thanks for your input though, appreciate it :)