Assembling motor. Need answers!!

DuraLb7Max

Dec 18, 2014
When assembling the crank bearings do you put assembly lube on both sides of the crank bearings? Including the thrust bearings? Even on the bearing caps and in the cradle where the bearings sit? Im new sorry if my terms aren't correct.

DuraLb7Max

Dec 18, 2014
Thank you for the quick response! Just beginning the assembly now. I will have plenty more questions.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yes double check check your piston squirters!!!! They sling everywhere when they fall out lol. Don't put any lube on the stationary side of bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
You don't want any lube on the back sides. If you lube both side possibility of them spinning. You want to lube just the sides that will touch the crankshaft. And be generous. Take your time and once you think everything is good check it again.

Also before attaching rods, I like to bolt the crank down and spin it a few times make sure nothing is going to catch or cause any problems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
When assembling the crank bearings do you put assembly lube on both sides of the crank bearings? Including the thrust bearings? Even on the bearing caps and in the cradle where the bearings sit? Im new sorry if my terms aren't correct.

Do your homework and take your time, nothing worse then spending all that time and $$$ on building a motor and having something go wrong as soon as she fires up. Then you're back at square one. Triple check everything so you have no questions to your self when you hit the key for the first time. Have fun and good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Good luck with the build, glad to see someone taking the risk and doing it themselves and learning. At the end of the day that's the real passion!

Lbz, built trans, efi by Eisenhart diesel, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, age blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
Everyone has to start somewhere, where do you think all the top engine builders started?

I think its awesome your building it yourself, saves you a good amount of money as well.

DewDewMax

Drive fast, take chances
Jul 9, 2014
Sudbury Ontario
everyone has to start and learn somehow, there is only one way to do it. Its also a good idea to crank it a bit with the ficm un plugged to prime the oil system, remember its not a small block it wont prime in 2.8 secconds.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
everyone has to start and learn somehow, there is only one way to do it. Its also a good idea to crank it a bit with the ficm un plugged to prime the oil system, remember its not a small block it wont prime in 2.8 secconds.
Or pressurize it externally.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk