APP Problem I THINK..

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Does the pedal position stay and 20 then it backs off fuel? Or is there literally a dead spot on the pedal where it backs off pedal position too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
It backs off fuel from 1 to 20 percent, the pedal position stays steady on my insight.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
next time i get a chance, i am going to swap over a new maf sensor, map sensor and possibly try a new ficm. never really tried swapping sensors but on a tech 2 and a snap-on solus, they appeared to be operating correctly. The only thing i really dont know how to see if it is bad is the ficm.

Billdog350

Nov 5, 2008
Portland, CT
Sounds like my "valet mode" I have on my DS5 tune from EFI Live on my truck. When voltage is applied to the switch (or continuity can't remember) I can floor the throttle and it will only give me like 20% throttle and the truck will barely move. That switch gets flipped and then I hit my cruise control to kick my truck into high idle mode.

Do you have any custom wiring to your ECU for DS5 or similar? Look for a short in your wiring at your ECU or if you have a switch like me....

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
What PID are you using to see " percent fuel"?

Are you talking about FRPCOM? It may be different than an image I copied that someone posted, but I did find it using search in EFI Live. This is from the image I copied:
Description: Fuel Rail Pressure Regulator Commanded
Caption: FRPCOM
Units: %
Parameter: GM.FRPCOM
System: Fuel

I don't have the PC that I use for EFI Live with me, so I can't tell you the specifics of what I am using myself, but it's at least close to the above.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Or are you referring to Accelerator Pedal Position? That is close to this:

Caption: APP
Description: Accelerator Pedal Position
Units: %
Parameter: GM.APP
System: Throttle

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
got it all figured out, 2013 to today my truck has been screwed right up, tuner kept telling me its not the tunes fault. i paid for another license from another tuner and they downloaded a stock lb7 file on my truck.....truck is good to go now, feels like a truck that i just bought because of how nice and new it drives like, engine is so much quieter too. Tune definitely had a glitch in it but kept getting steered away from the real problem. Lots of time and money wasted on this one. live and learn :woott: