APP Problem I THINK..

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Guys i am truly stumped on this one. Do you guys know of anything else i could check or swap in? should i try swapping in a ficm, brand new throttle assembly, new wiring harness? i just dont undestand that my ecm is seeing everything correctly.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Buddy is going to bring a tech2 over this weekend. What would you guys think to check over?

UPF

Sep 7, 2014
I had one of the original Edge programmers on my truck and all of the sudden it started idling funny, RPMs would drop. Sounded like it was starving for fuel and I was getting codes for bad injectors.

Turns out that the Edge unit was faulty and during idle was not providing enough fuel to two injectors.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I have a edge cs as just guages, I would assume it's something other then that because it should be just reading stuff not putting any input to anything

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Anyone in upstate New York around here that could possibly help me out? dealer has no idea and i cant seem to figure it out either.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
bringing this back up one last time, i have been up and down on this truck to figure out what is going on with the throttle issue, does anyone thing that it could possibly be my dsp 5 switch that is screw it up? voltages read okay, but if i just cut the wires and it stops doing it. possibly the dsp 5 switch is screwed up then?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Or wired incorrectly? Have you been fighting this for almost a year?

Cheap to change, worth a shot. If you have the edge cs then why use the dsp switch?

Where in NY?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Little South of West leyden NY. In between rome and West leyden. i have been fighting this for longer then a year, the weird part is i sent kory a data log and he does not see a issue what so ever with my truck. The tunes work, but work only if i press the throttle pass the issue area. That would be pretty frican awesome if it was the switch. Is it okay just to cut the wire and run it and see what happens? or should i pull the pins right out of the ECM

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Do you have your insight set to switch tunes? The edge and dsp maybe fighting each other. You can cut the switch and change tunes with the insight.

You can also monitor app with the edge, how does it look?

Yeah that's up there. I'm going to be by Binghamton this weekend

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Do you have your insight set to switch tunes? The edge and dsp maybe fighting each other. You can cut the switch and change tunes with the insight.

You can also monitor app with the edge, how does it look?

Yeah that's up there. I'm going to be by Binghamton this weekend

You have to physically change the switching mode from analog to serial with EFIlive in order to switch with the cts or V2. Also, the cts does not display APP voltage on the 3 separate circuits.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yeah I know, I was wondering if it was setup that way and that's why the switch isn't working

May 8, 2011
When u log with the scanner go from 0-100% slow and make sure all the readings are smooth and no dead spots or spikes, sounds like a app sensor to me i replace one a week or 2 ago for the same reason i cant see a dsp switch having anything to do with it. Or possably it is getting induced current from another circuit

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
To the OP, email Kory and ask him to provide you with his tune built on a fresh TIS file if he hadn't done that originally. If you read the file out of your ecm and sent it to him, he may have unknowingly scripted over a corrupt file. That's where I would start.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I did the app voltage manually with a dmm. And checked all the wires. Tried different times, tried different throttle pedal (app sensor). I tried another ecm which would me me not thinkbtonstatt with a new tune but that is a free option, so he'll I'll try that to.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I did the app voltage manually with a dmm. And checked all the wires. Tried different times, tried different throttle pedal (app sensor). I tried another ecm which would me me not thinkbtonstatt with a new tune but that is a free option, so he'll I'll try that to.

Did the new ecm have a fresh stock file in it or did you flash it with your built tune first?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
it had some type of tune on it, i borrowed it from mpsoldier1. It acted the same. Ill give it a shot though and report back. Really appreciated the feedback

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Just an update, Got a data log sent to Kory. He was looking at it last night and still hasnt gotten back to me today about it, hopefully he found something a little screwy with it.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
got a tune from kory. Didnt solve anything, he even looked over it and he sent me a fresh tune right out of a Tech 2 from what he stated. Bump for any other ideas