Anyone play with class 8?

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
I work for peterbilt. As a service tech, going on 8 Years, anyways try to stay away from emission related engines 07.5 and up, there’s are ways to delete en tho but if caught fines are pretty good, anyways the only down of them it’s repairs are expensive.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Come on! Business is growing by leaps and bounds. I could train you to service outboards in one day with your skills...

X2
Russell don’t sell yourself short. Finding employees that are dependable is half the battle. Find somebody with a good attitude and some common sense too they’re worth their weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I work for peterbilt. As a service tech, going on 8 Years, anyways try to stay away from emission related engines 07.5 and up, there’s are ways to delete en tho but if caught fines are pretty good, anyways the only down of them it’s repairs are expensive.

Everything I'll be doing will be maintance I think. For the most part for now. Starting with 9 trucks and trailers to service on the regular. All 2015 and newer. Would obviously add more as customer base builds

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
You could make just as much if not more being a heavy duty diesel mechanic if you're a top tech difference is marine is probably easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You won't be too far away from me I'm in North Carolina in Wilmington. If you don't like what you're doing and you want to jump into the Marine business just let me know I can hook you up with some of the best diesel mechanics in the business or you could come help me with my refits...:hug:

Just ask HD Dave how it worked out for him...:D

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You won't be too far away from me I'm in North Carolina in Wilmington. If you don't like what you're doing and you want to jump into the Marine business just let me know I can hook you up with some of the best diesel mechanics in the business or you could come help me with my refits...:hug:

Just ask HD Dave how it worked out for him...:D

Neither one sounds bad to me! Haha

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You guys are making me wish I could retire and move south.

I'm good friends with my UPS guy, he loves it here. I guess we are a test area, he has had an electric truck for about 6 months now. It's pretty wild. This area is growing so fast I'm sure you could just transfer...:thumb:

Wife and girls might not be happy though...:spit:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm good friends with my UPS guy, he loves it here. I guess we are a test area, he has had an electric truck for about 6 months now. It's pretty wild. This area is growing so fast I'm sure you could just transfer...:thumb:

Wife, son and daughter might not be happy though...:spit:

Fixed that. We wish we could've had more kids.

At my age, a transfer isnt a smart thing to do. Would have to start at the bottom of the totem pole in the new center, and run whatever route they give me. No way I could handle a 500pc route anymore.

I'll just continue to dream about retirement and wish Corbin well in whatever he ends up doing. I know he will succeed.