Anyone play in the stock market for real?

fordt

Think Done Deals
Jan 3, 2007
Vero Beach, FL.
www.abcamping.com
Anymore advise? I was thinking a little Ford or GM buying in low, and a few other companies to try and diversify a little. I don't want GM to go backrupt and be ****ed but I am not gambling my life savings, just play with fire and hoping not to get burnt.

So Scott Trade is the cheapest at $7 per trade? But only 5 rounds per weeK?

I would not put any money in the market now, especially in the more volitale companies, that you can't afford to loose overnight. Don't use your savings.

Scottrade is the cheapest and the best IMO. You can buy/sell as often as you like, remember $7 in and $7 out. If you do not keep $25K in the account, you are only allowed 3 round trips in a 5 day period. In other words, you can only buy GM stock and sell the same stock in the same day 3 times per week before you catch somebodys attention, after that point you will be labeled as a "day trader".

fordt

Think Done Deals
Jan 3, 2007
Vero Beach, FL.
www.abcamping.com
Another thing to remember, there are traders, and therer are investors. Traders are looking for a quick buck in the market, while investors are looking for long term gains, and returns.

I play the market on a daily basis, but like to keep thoughts on buys and sells to my self. Not because its any big secret, but NOBODY knows what the market is going to do. DON'T listen to someone on the internet telling you what to buy or sell. They may be right, but they could be wrong, are you willing to let someone else gamble with your money?

Redbone

but this one goes to 11
May 1, 2008
Indy, IN
Fordt said it best.

There is no rhyme or reason for the huge daily fluctuations in the market right now. The Dow is driven purely on emotion and the news highlights of the day. Just look at the past week, four successive days of gain, up almost 700 and then nearly a 700 point drop yesterday.

There is an opportunity to make a buck in this environment, but your odds are just as good now at a BlackJack table.

While the market in general is down, it is a good time to pick up shares in an industry that you feel show a potential for long term growth, some biotechs for example. Just don't watch the daily market fluctuations, cause it'll drive you nuts.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Anybody invested in any "Green" companies? With all this emphasis on going green these days I would think there will be some new companies emerging that COULD be potential money makers.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Ya, I have a little extra money to play. But I am not going super stupid. I am going to play with some of it and actually invest some of it. Any profits from playing are going to the investment side. :D

It still beats the money I would spend if it was in my pocket.

fordt

Think Done Deals
Jan 3, 2007
Vero Beach, FL.
www.abcamping.com
Anybody invested in any "Green" companies? With all this emphasis on going green these days I would think there will be some new companies emerging that COULD be potential money makers.

There are plenty of companies that have potential, but like I said before don't take investment advice from guys on a diesel site, unless you feel comfortable handing them your money, because they have a "feeling".