Anyone have trex up pipes?

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I was looking on eBay for some up pipes and see that trex now offeres them for 438 a pair. I tried doing some searching but I haven't found any threads on them.

happyduramax

Aug 29, 2014
yes they fit great no problems . and yes they made a difference . I used them with a bd manifold . install the lml manifold when you do it . I heat wrapped mine and use a turbo sock by levi

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Just took a look on their site, click the in house design equipment I'm surprised to say the least. Will your downpipe work with their uppipe clearance wise..?

greendury

Jan 28, 2011
I put a set on last weekend so far so good. I had to dent my 3" MPRP down pipe to get everything to fit.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I already have the lml manifold.. And I didn't even think about clearance between the down pipe and up pipe... I'll probably have to dent something... But from what you guys are saying about them I might have to try a set out..

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Why not get RDL up pipes and get something that fits perfect.

X3! Nothing about these trucks is cheap. If I'm paying a premium for parts for my truck, I want to buy high quality parts from someone who stands behind their products.

Corey

Last edited:

greendury

Jan 28, 2011
I would have had to dent the downpipe no mater who's name was on the uppipes. There is only so much room back there.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I put a set on last weekend so far so good. I had to dent my 3" MPRP down pipe to get everything to fit.

You paid ~$100 to replace the squashed stocker, then you basically squashed that to make the up pipes fit.

Your logic seems flawed to say the least.

Our trucks cost a fortune to fix and upgrade, seems silly to settle on "economy" parts.

Guess that's just me though...

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
What we don't know is if the TREX stuff will fit as a package of their uppipes and downpipe, I did buy a ProFab downpipe so if the bellows ever cracked on my uppipes I could replace with ProFab pipes....

Last edited:

greendury

Jan 28, 2011
You paid ~$100 to replace the squashed stocker, then you basically squashed that to make the up pipes fit.

Your logic seems flawed to say the least.

Our trucks cost a fortune to fix and upgrade, seems silly to settle on "economy" parts.

Guess that's just me though...

I had to clearance the down pipe not the uppipes. The mbrp downpipe will need modified no matter who's up pipes you use or how much money you spend. No saying trex products are good or bad but that I have used them with out issue yet.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
The downpipe needs to be modified because the passenger up pipe isnt flattened like a stock one. RDL offers their up pipes as flattened or round in case you arent running a conventional downpipe.

I dont see any problem with the trex ones if they are cheaper, as long as you realize you will need to either squash the up pipe or the downpipe to get them to fit. If you have twins you wont need to do any modifications.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I got aftermarket uppipes from yellowchevy when I did my port/polish turbo and he made a thin spacer and sent me an extra gasket so everything would clear and its a tight fit but I didn't have to dent anything.
Obviously this only worked because I have an ihi charger and the downpipe bolts on instead of clamping on like the rest of them do.

greendury

Jan 28, 2011
Making a spacer is a good option to get around the clearance issues. How did the tranny dipstick fit with the downpipe pushed back?

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
I would have had to dent the downpipe no mater who's name was on the uppipes. There is only so much room back there.

FWIW, I've had ProFab tow flow up pipes and then 2" headers and up pipes on my 06 LBZ with a diamondeye DP and didn't have to dent the DP for either.