Anyone 7.3l smart?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Dumping additive in the fuel side isn't going to help the oil side is what has trouble.

The glowplugs can be tested to see if they work properly through the UVCH (under valve cover harness) the outside 2 pins on both sides of plug are for glow plugs. Take a voltmeter ohm between battery ground and each of those pins. Spec is 0-6.0 ohms. Anymore than that they are no good

Buts likely the injectors.

You mean 0.1-0.6 ohms.

97OBS

Feb 7, 2017
Here's a 7.3 specific checklist:
-switch to 5w40 synthetic
-check FICM voltage
-check glow plug relay and wiring
-try a different fuel source for higher quality diesel (and replace filters regularly)
-Hot Shot's Secret Stiction Eliminator and Diesel Extreme every 6 months

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Well I'm going to steal this thread now. I'm also seven three dumb. What's a good tuning option? It's an 01 7.3 van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Well I'm going to steal this thread now. I'm also seven three dumb. What's a good tuning option? It's an 01 7.3 van

I just have Ts chip. Makes a little difference. But not gonna get much out of these with out some mods.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN

Get a custom burned TS chip, by one of the reputable power stroke shops or there are a few other tuning options