Question: Any suspension or shock experts out there?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I wouldn't worry about relying on the air for your suspension. I've beat up on mine for quite some time with no issues. The bags are amazingly tough, and even if you get a small leak you should have the on-board compressor to fill it back up. Plus the ability to air a tire, or use air tools kicks butt too.

That said, I can't say I have ever seen an 18" bag. How high is your truck and what size tires are you running? 18" of travel would be sick.

i would be afraid of cutting a line or melting one. if i did it, id probably run copper line everywhere i could and only flex line where i have to have it.

What kind of set up are you running? Is your truck stock or lifted?

rear is lifted 4" over stock with a 4" block. front is lifted 6.5" lifted from stock

Carli makes a 12" travel bag. I will probably run a set of Carli's.

12" isnt enough. my front end pulls that much travel :D. i want to keep all my articulation i currently have back there and want the rear end to "work" if im playing off road. 12" of travel is gunna make for a rougher ride compared to 18"

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
12" isnt enough. my front end pulls that much travel :D. i want to keep all my articulation i currently have back there and want the rear end to "work" if im playing off road. 12" of travel is gunna make for a rougher ride compared to 18"

:thumb: