Any interest in torsion relocate for Tuff Country owners?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Wondering if any of you guys with the one piece subframe would be interested in a torsion bar relocation to keep the torsions tucked up under the truck. I may build it this week and make sure everything works. Let me know what you guys think.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Yes ;) I hate the way my TB's hangs down under the truck. What are you going to build? Something similar to ready lifts relocaters?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Depending how you build it jordan, i may get some from ya and make them work for my truck.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yes ;) I hate the way my TB's hangs down under the truck. What are you going to build? Something similar to ready lifts relocaters?

No those scare the crap out of me. Basically you can have the torsions bar sit further back or you can cut the TC bump stop bracket off and have the new one sit above the LCA.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
No those scare the crap out of me. Basically you can have the torsions bar sit further back or you can cut the TC bump stop bracket off and have the new one sit above the LCA.

I would like to see a couple pictures when you get to it, sounds interesting :thumb:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I would like to see a couple pictures when you get to it, sounds interesting :thumb:

If it sits behind the LCA then you have to move the torsion cross member back a few inches. If it sits atop the LCA the TC bumpstop will have to be cut. What would you guys prefer?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I need a stock torsion key. Let me know what you guys have. If I had one now I could get started today.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Alright guys Im going to build one set for my truck and two extras to start for the 4" lift. Taking stuff to get CNC'd tomorrow. Might be a little bit before I get them back

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Alright. They will be such that you have to cut the existing part for the bump stop off. Nothing harder than what you have to do to put the lift on. You could even box that section in if you wanted.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Is this going to be similiar to Cognito's lifts on the ones where they dont lower there torsion bracket?

Yes. There's not really many ways of relocating them. Basically there has to be a mounting point to match the height of the lift near the LCA.