Any Help please!

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I was practicing some boosted launches today and after a couple of hits I threw a check engine checked codes and I was getting p0340 and p0341, shut the truck off and wouldn't start cleared the codes still no start. let her sit for about 5 min. and fired right up.. went to dinner with the lady and was messing around again did a couple pulls and bam same thing check again.. pulled the same codes got to the house and damn no start again .. . sorry for the long write up only seems to happen when I lay into it a few times. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Grizzly5531

Super Slow
Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
PM sent... Maybe the new reluctor wheel broke up, It could of just been a bad part or maybe when the old when came apart it could have damaged the crank pos sensor.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
ya thats kinda what im leaning towards but I dont want to just buy parts and do trial and era .. Ill keep checking back to see if anyone else has any input.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Id look at the camshaft position sensor and its connection first. Problem could be there too.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Ya ill do that I havn't had the chance before it got dark first thing in the am Thank you I appreciate that Tom... anyone else have any suggestions of why you think I am getting this code only when I am racing it seems like :confused:..

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Id look at the camshaft position sensor and its connection first. Problem could be there too.
I would also check the grounds to the engine on the passenger side, when u check out the sensor plug check out the harness for any naked or broken wires, If the rel. wheel was broken it wouldn't run IMO... Good Luck I'm sure your figure it out...

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
What am I looking for exactly when I pull the sensor out .. to see if its burnt or what how to I tell if the sensor is bad if I dont have another spare lying around ...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I don't know what the resistance should be through the sensor maybe someone else can chime in... Or try shooting Henry a pm, he can get GM specs if you ask him nicely. I would be concerned that it is plugged in all the way and making good connection. Sounds like when the engine torques over hard on a boosted launch, it might be making a bad connection. If you free rev the engine to say redline will it pop the 2 codes?

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Just went and had her aligned and on my way back home it threw check engine so im thinking now that when the motor warms up is when its throwing cam positioning sensor .. I called parts store its 145.00 bucks ....

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
pull the sensor and make sure it doesnt have any marks on the face of it . had a buddy who broke his crank and was getting same . hope this is not the case for you:eek:

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it I will let everyone know what I come up with when I pull the sensor out I just got home from work have to wait for daylight...

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed the sound of the crankshaft if it were touching the crank senor as the motor was running .. I was lying under the truck checking out the balancer as my truck was running and looking at the balancer it had a slight grinding noise coming from it and it was slightly faint. Just wondering if that is a normal noise to hear from the balancer spinning.. I greatly appreciate any replies!