LML Another, "Will it fit" question

kansascav24

Feb 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
So I recently traded in my 2007 Ram 5.9 for a 2014 Dmax 2500. Absolutely love the trade, except for a few minor issues, but thats beside the point.

I'm looking to get a new set of wheels/tires for the truck and need your help/expertise on what I'm thinking here.

One of the greatest things about this truck, is it fits in my garage! My old Dodge had a leveling kit with 315's and was about 3 inches too tall to fit, so with this truck, a leveling kit seems to be out of the question for me, but I like the idea of lowing the rear a couple of inches. I have about 2" of space between the top of the truck and my garage door, so going up is out of the question.

What I'm thinking is replacing the stock 18" wheels with 20x10 wheels with a -19 offset, and would like to wrap them in 305's.

My first question would be, what is my best bet in lowering the rear end a couple of inches? I don't see anything out there for 2014's as far as lowering goes, so my options seem limited at this time.

And now the usual question, would there be any trimming needed to fit 20x10's, with a -19 offset, wrapped in 305s? I haven't seen much on here with LML's and wheel/tire fitment.

Any comments/reviews about Hostile Wheels?

Thanks for your help!

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Will not fit without major trimming. I just did one with the NoCal major fender mod and they still rubbed and that was with a 295/55/20 Trail Grappler. Unless you want to run a street tire like the Nitto 420S(I do not recommend) in a 305/50. You could probably squeeze in a 285/55 all terrain dropped in the rear with a 20x10.

The Hostile wheels are very nice honestly. I have done several sets and they look great.

Here is the shackle:

http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com...15-rear-2-drop-shackles-mcgaughys-part-33200/

kansascav24

Feb 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thank you for the reply b16!

So I shouldn't have any issues with a 285/55, thats good to know. Why don't you recommend the 420S? I was actually looking at those tires and everyone seems to have great things to say about them on this site. My second option was going to be the Terra Grapplers, which I think would be great tires as well.

kansascav24

Feb 24, 2014
Pennsylvania
How is the offset killing me? Would I be ok with a zero or positive offset?

I might be completely misunderstanding what the offset does and how it effects the fitment of tires.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Negative offset moves the wheel away from the hub meaning more tire to contact bumper/fender. Zero or positive brings the wheel back in