another new project...

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
if i had another cummins it would be going in there and the v6 would get covered and put in the corner.

thanks brandon but i found a mint one locally for $50 bucks!

DSC_4955.jpg

i've started to get some patch panels together but i'm kinda rethinking the way i wanna go about this. i bought just random pieces that needed to be replaced but i'm finding out now that i might just go an buy a whole new floor. i didn't think i would need it at first but after cutting a little away here and there it would take me longer to piece this one together than if i just cut the whole thig out and started new.

here are some pics of the way it sits now.

DSC_4890.jpg

DSC_4902.jpg

DSC_4906.jpg

DSC_4942.jpg

DSC_4946.jpg

DSC_4950.jpg

DSC_4953.jpg

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
well after seeing how much frankensteining i had to do on the floor i decided to bring these parts back and exchange them for a full floor.

i got these from Tri-Proautomotive which is only 20min from my house. i called them this morning and explained the situation. they told me to come on down and they could swap the parts out no problem. i would just like to say they they are very stand up people over there. i didn't even have an invoice for the one part and there was no hastle. i would highly recommend them to anyone looking for some quality parts.

here are some pics of the new floor. i'm hoping to at least get the old one cut out this weekend. i have to do a 4 link on my friends s10 so it'll be a busy weekend.

i also scored a brand new set of 8" skyjacker leafs for the front for $150

2009-11-11115817.jpg

2009-11-11115859.jpg

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
ha yup. i should be able to run 40s w/o a problem but i'll most likely run some 38s just to be a little safer :D i will need to swap to disc brakes all the way around though if i would like to stop.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
You should stick with the V-6 theme and drop a 6V53 detroit diesel in that beast! Ita even basicaly be a GM re-power so the stock badges arnt lying:rofl: Get one with a jake-brake to slower down.....Ita sound like a death machine:happy2:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:D There out there, can be had cheap if you find the right places. Ive got my eyes peeled for one for my own ideas. 6v71 and 6v92's are more common, newer and more powerful.