Another New Guy

Vigh_J

May 12, 2011
Like the title says im new here as well as new to Duramax... I am looking at buying one here for a very reasonable price but it is pushing 400K. So my question is at that kind of mileage what should i expect with the amount of life left in this truck. The truck itself is well looked after.

here is what the guy has said thus far:

havent done any major work on it, two front ends, like ball joint, tie rods, pitman arm, sterring arm and damper, brakes twice, two sets of batteries twice, two alternators, gm put in a switch for the high idle and it also piks up when ya hit the cruise as well, i had a wiring issue and re wired in a blower switch, it had axle seals done last time we did the brakes, its made all its maintenance schedules and it runs very well with no injector replacements. the truck will need transfer case seals one day becuase their starting to weep a bit and the turn signal fuse blows at times??? its been a baffle since new! only reason i`m getting rid of it now is because my son has a vette and a hot little brunette and i need to buy a new one for the patch now. I only really used this one to drive to/from the office in stettler (straight road) and I always used them lighter gas jobbies to pull my breathing air trailers around.

I really like the truck but i dont want to get myself in over my head as it would be my DD and cant afford much down time if i have to replace the motor right away.

Thanks

Vigh_J

May 12, 2011
sierra2.jpg

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
:welcome9:

Nice looking truck,ask Henry from creatures of the nite perfomance for a vin check on it you will want to see when injectors were done and anything else.I think theres a couple guys with 400k on their trucks but not sure who they are or what they have run into.Good luck

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Welcome to the site like the others said post the vin and I will run it for you. What is the guy asking for it and have you bought it yet and what is your price range I have seen a few trucks for sale.

Vigh_J

May 12, 2011
Welcome to the site like the others said post the vin and I will run it for you. What is the guy asking for it and have you bought it yet and what is your price range I have seen a few trucks for sale.

OK i ll try and get the VIN, havent bought the truck yet been to busy to go and check it out in person. But he is only asking $8.000.00 which to me even with that mileage is a steal.?.?.?

Thanks for all the "welcomes" appreciate it!!

Last edited: