Another 1000+ HP Duramax

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Somebody shoot Wade a PM to stop by this thread and give us the skinny!

Done

Here is his post in the thread on DP.

Well guys I just got back home from the dyno day, sorry to keep you all waiting

I just finished up with the fresh motor build last Saturday morning, fired it up, drove it to Salt lake for the nationals with only 278 miles on her and ran 11.9 on fuel but the fuel pump wasn't on, 11.67 with nitrous just to spool the turbo, and 11.25 @ 124.77 with the bottle on the whole quarter mile. Then on Tuesday on a single shot of nitrous was able to put down 1034hp and 1755ft lbs on our superflow, but I was waiting untill this event to post anything up because I wanted to have another dyno to back up what the truck was capable of. I did run two stages of nitrous to hit the 1151 but she's still got plently in her, I just wanna spend a little more time dialing her in before I really put the screws to her.

And this wasn't my budget build, this new motor has SoCal LB7 pistons customized but not coated, dropped compression, totally blueprinted bottom end, ported heads, Mainstuds, headstuds, Socal billet hold downs and studs for the injectors, Dynomite Diesel custom injector nozzles, FASS 200 GPH fuel system, ect....

Things that I'm going to change here shortly is adding some Socal springs and retainers, if you listen to the video very carefully you can hear the valves starting to float on the upper end of the RPM's. But I'm still taking baby steps as I move forward, that way I can give honest feedback on the gains of each modification done to the motor and address things that need to be changed as they come up.

But I would like to give a big thanks out to some of the people that made this happen: James Brendle my partner here at Custom Auto and all the guys here at the shop helping with the build, Guy Trip from Socal Diesel (Freakin worked his tail off getting me parts and helping spec the motor), Lenny from Dynomite diesel for some of the most bada$$ injectors ever, Brad from FASS for building a fuel system capable of hitting 1151hp and of course ATS for the tons of products on my truck making it all happen (Turbo, Tranny, CP3's, ect...), Steve Cole's 4 year old Extreme, Tony Burkhart for helping me with crazy problems and his expertise with engine spec's, The Diesel Place for all the diesel crack heads that help push me to do crazy things to my truck and of course all my friends for their support and help.

It's been a long road and I still have a long way to go, but hopefully all this work will help expand the capability's and the technology for our trucks in the future.

Thanks for the support guys!!!

IBDMAX'IN

Aug 27, 2008
Sorry it's taken so long for me to get on here and give you guys the details, but I'm not behind a desk all day anymore, instead I get to build motors and work on trucks, the stuff I really love to do!!! So anyway, I'm limited on the time I have on the computer, but I definently wanted to get on here and take the time out to say thanks for all the support! :hug:

Anyway, the weekend before I made the dyno runs at meridian motorsports I ran 11.67 @ 118 mph on fuel only and ran 11.255 @ 124.77 mph on the spray. Now when I got back from the DHRA nationals I dyno'd the truck with the same setup and nitrous jets that I ran in utah and put down 938hp on our superflow, it also put down 757 on fuel only. I then changed one jet from a 41 to a 99 and put down 1034hp and 1755 ft lbs on one stage of nitrous. I decided to hold off on hitting it with both stages untill I went to the meridian dyno day, that way if I did blow something up it was for a good audience!!

Anyway, I have some changes that I need to make to the truck and setup to really get it to run this kind of power, one of them is the valve springs and retainers to eliminate valve float at the upper RPM and need to add a roll bar for saftey. I've been lucky so far and don't wanna push my luck with a truck as capable as mine.

But with any big HP build there are things to learn from and changes to be made, whether or not I step the bar up in the future is yet to be determined. One thing is for sure, I'm definently not hanging up the towel, I enjoy this waaaay to much.

But thanks again for the support guys, I appreciate it!!

Cheers,
Wade

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Sorry it's taken so long for me to get on here and give you guys the details, but I'm not behind a desk all day anymore, instead I get to build motors and work on trucks, the stuff I really love to do!!! So anyway, I'm limited on the time I have on the computer, but I definently wanted to get on here and take the time out to say thanks for all the support! :hug:

Anyway, the weekend before I made the dyno runs at meridian motorsports I ran 11.67 @ 118 mph on fuel only and ran 11.255 @ 124.77 mph on the spray. Now when I got back from the DHRA nationals I dyno'd the truck with the same setup and nitrous jets that I ran in utah and put down 938hp on our superflow, it also put down 757 on fuel only. I then changed one jet from a 41 to a 99 and put down 1034hp and 1755 ft lbs on one stage of nitrous. I decided to hold off on hitting it with both stages untill I went to the meridian dyno day, that way if I did blow something up it was for a good audience!!

Anyway, I have some changes that I need to make to the truck and setup to really get it to run this kind of power, one of them is the valve springs and retainers to eliminate valve float at the upper RPM and need to add a roll bar for saftey. I've been lucky so far and don't wanna push my luck with a truck as capable as mine.

But with any big HP build there are things to learn from and changes to be made, whether or not I step the bar up in the future is yet to be determined. One thing is for sure, I'm definently not hanging up the towel, I enjoy this waaaay to much.

But thanks again for the support guys, I appreciate it!!

Cheers,
Wade

Sup Wade! Did you start your own shop? Where you located? How do i get ahold of you now? I lost your old number.

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
Congrats Wade. When you call tomorrow if I don't answer it is because I got court. Leave a message I'll call u back. A buddy bought a new D-max in Idaho and saidthat he might stop by your guy's shop.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Congrats Wade. When you call tomorrow if I don't answer it is because I got court. Leave a message I'll call u back. A buddy bought a new D-max in Idaho and saidthat he might stop by your guy's shop.

Hows Parkers old truck treatn ya? It was fun watching him pull with it at the sled pulls. He has alot of time and money in that thing. Let me know when your ready to run them:D

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Wade,

Nice work.:D

It took some time but appears to be well worth it, I remember talking to you about this April! Sweet, it all came together.

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
Hows Parkers old truck treatn ya? It was fun watching him pull with it at the sled pulls. He has alot of time and money in that thing. Let me know when your ready to run them:D

All in time. It has alot left in it for the strip but need to pull the 100hp sticks out and get some smaller ones. Needs cognitos, centerlink and a tune. He kept the EFI. It's real dead until 2300 rpm then she will light off. Ran 12.3 in Denver in sled form so that ain't to bad I guess.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
All in time. It has alot left in it for the strip but need to pull the 100hp sticks out and get some smaller ones. Needs cognitos, centerlink and a tune. He kept the EFI. It's real dead until 2300 rpm then she will light off. Ran 12.3 in Denver in sled form so that ain't to bad I guess.

You ran a 12.3 in it? Timeslip? What do you mean he kept EFI? He pulled all the tunes out and kept his V2 controller? Weird he didnt leave you a street tune.

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
You ran a 12.3 in it? Timeslip? What do you mean he kept EFI? He pulled all the tunes out and kept his V2 controller? Weird he didnt leave you a street tune.

Parker ran the 12.3 at truck fest. The tune that is in it is for the s400, 135lph injectors and high stall tq convertor but all that is on the shelf. Haven't had time to work on the truck yet. Taken it out twice and it runs good but needs a better tune. Truck is real hard to spool. Been working on getting the motor in the 01 d-max. Got any stock injectors?