Amish Mafia

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Wonder what the CEL is on for :rofl:

Maybe for the aftermarket turbo, but then no CEL would be on for a soft fuel limp past 2000rpm, as I ran into this on my LBZ :rofl:

Gotta be the "EGR Insufficient flow" for the blocker plate! :spit:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Wonder what the CEL is on for :rofl:

Maybe for the aftermarket turbo, but then no CEL would be on for a soft fuel limp past 2000rpm, as I ran into this on my LBZ :rofl:

Gotta be the "EGR Insufficient flow" for the blocker plate! :spit:

It was a VVT turbo in it as you could hear it do a cleaning cycle when he put it in park. I guessed EGR to.

How bad is it that the most talk about a new show is what kind of truck was in it and what mods it has. Discovery has reached a new low with this one.

02duramax

Nov 9, 2008
Yreka Ca
Is that what the turbo is doing, a cleaning cycle? i thought it was cooling itself down or spinning to cooling itself down. i have a 2008 CCLB

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
usually its a self test of where the vanes are. opens to 0% then closes to stock 85-88% My LBZ did this test every time I cleared CEL's with the truck idling. Could do it like 10 times in a row :rofl:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
usually its a self test of where the vanes are. opens to 0% then closes to stock 85-88% My LBZ did this test every time I cleared CEL's with the truck idling. Could do it like 10 times in a row :rofl:

They also do it on startup to verify where they are, and to sweep the soot off of them to prevent them from sticking during operation.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
They also do it on startup to verify where they are, and to sweep the soot off of them to prevent them from sticking during operation.

Yep, this, ford went through a bunch of turbos on the 6.ohshit from carbon building up until they wrote this into the program at idle