Allison 1000 5 speed rebuild

Tman-fireguy

Oct 10, 2024
LB72001!
I will be attempting to rebuild the trans in my truck. It is a bone stoke trans (to my knowledge) and it is not loving life with my injectors and tunes. I have slipped it once and put it in limp mode when it slipped. If anyone can point me in the direction of the best rebuild kit and what parts I need to get to build a 600+hp trans. I'm not sure what the truck is making but by the way it slipped so easy I'm gonna guess ball-park of 600. any help would be greatly appriciated. Also a list of the needed tools would be great.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
There's nothing better than building your first trans and can be done.I did my first one on a budget with a rgpz drop in kit,pump mod's with converter,That trans held for years with triples I abused the hell out of it.Get your self an atsg manual and study tf out of it before you dig in also have a SUPER clean organized build area..Mike l gave me these pointers an had zero issues so it can be done with success.
While in there look into the zero knockdown valve mod;)

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I would love to help get you squared away! I see you commented in my vendor section, I just replied.

Goerend's kits are very well put together. For the average guy the price is hard to beat and the quality of components are top notch. As a dealer, I get to select the clutches in my kits to best suit a customer's needs which is another added bonus.

I recommend watching this video. I watched it step by step while rebuilding my transmission, and it was extremely helpful.
As much as I am not a fan of Josh (Truck Master), this video is VERY well done. I actually recommend/reference it to all of my DIY customers because it is so good.

Last edited: