Alignment issues?

StuntHeavy

Jun 26, 2010
Anyone else with a leveling kit (torsions bar bolts at 11 threads still showing), have issues getting their caster and camber within spec? Mine is significantly out. Toe is no problem, but I can't get caster and camber anywhere near the stock specs. The pins on those outside rings (on the nut side of the upper control arms) max out before I get close. Talking -2.9 degrees on caster and -1.8 degrees on camber if I remember correctly.

Any ideas?

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Sorry no ideas how to fix it. I had the exact same issues & never could get it right. Probably 5 alignment shops tried. I put a 4" TC lift & solved it. Hope someone can give an answer, I'd like to know.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Check your control arm bushings an ball joints, I'm having to put in new bushing cause the shop couldn't align it,,,, the bushings aren't hard to change and are only $25 for both sides,,, they do make a offset bushing that's like $65 a side which will allow u more adjustment + or - 1 or 2 degress I can't remember.. Good Luck, if I can help u just ask...

Oh, how many miles on the truck..

StuntHeavy

Jun 26, 2010
230k on the truck, just changed the passenger upper balljoint last night. Made flat rate time sitting in a parkinglot, by flashlight :thumb:.

Oddly enough, the passenger side was closer to spec than the drivers side. I noticed on of my alignment collars is actually busted from being over rotated. wouldn't effect adjustability though.

It's certainly a frustrating issue.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Good time on the ball joint, the bottom one is a bear to do, I would say if your control arm bushings are the original ones then I would op to change them. I would do to the bottom ones too....IMO

Last edited:

StuntHeavy

Jun 26, 2010
yeah, I peeked at them, didnt see any excessive wear, or play. By the looks of things I'd say they've been changed before.

I'm on a pretty tight budget (broke college student), so I can't really afford to throw parts at it just guessing. "only 25$" is two weeks worth of breakfast, lunch, and dinners. :eek:

I'll look at it closer in the daylight today, but any other ideas of whats going on? I have adjusters(or whatever you'd like to call them) similar to this, and they are maxed out.
[/img]http://www.suspensionconnection.com/images/items/5_86375K_eibach_alignment_kit.jpg[/img]

Is my only option offset upper control arm bushings? who makes them?

Last edited: