Air Dog-II-165

Who has been screwed

• Total voters

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Anyone have Air Dog refuse to replace a pump motor because they state you never sent the warranty card in or they never received it ???

My brother's AD-II/165 took a shit and I called today to get it warrantied and they told me they won't stand behind it because they don't have any record of the warranty card being sent in ???

WTF ?????..............:mad:

It's only a lifetime warranty if they can find the warranty card and the good old USPS didn't lose it or someone there didn't lose it at Air Dog.

I asked to speak to the owner Jason when I got no where with "Josh" and guess what..........no call back.

What should be my next move ????

I even have the receipt.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Tony they do that all the time. Its very frustrating getting answers from them. Anthony is the main guy that approves replacements. Try to get up with him and don't take no for the answer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
That's what sucks about sending those stupid cards. You never get a confirmation saying they received it. In the last years I bought a lot of stuff that I had to do that with. Least some let you register it online.

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
I got a DF-165 2 years ago. I filled out the warranty card, made a copy of it, then sent it in. A few weeks ago it's leaking, so I call them, spoke with Josh. He said, nope, no warranty card, but will sell you a motor for $189, no way. Called back to speak with Kyle, I have spoke with him before and thought he was a good guy. He said, nope no warranty card, but will sell you a motor for $189. I asked if they would sell me a rebuild kit wit the orings. They said we don't have anything like that. Not even orings.
I told both of these guys where I bought it from, when I bought it and that I had the original receipt and a copy of the warranty card that I did in fact send in.

I ended up disassembling mine, found a cracked oring, replaced it, cleaned and reassembled. That took care of the leak.

I would love to see a poll on this.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I got a DF-165 2 years ago. I filled out the warranty card, made a copy of it, then sent it in. A few weeks ago it's leaking, so I call them, spoke with Josh. He said, nope, no warranty card, but will sell you a motor for $189, no way. Called back to speak with Kyle, I have spoke with him before and thought he was a good guy. He said, nope no warranty card, but will sell you a motor for $189. I asked if they would sell me a rebuild kit wit the orings. They said we don't have anything like that. Not even orings.
I told both of these guys where I bought it from, when I bought it and that I had the original receipt and a copy of the warranty card that I did in fact send in.

I ended up disassembling mine, found a cracked oring, replaced it, cleaned and reassembled. That took care of the leak.

I would love to see a poll on this.

Theres my kind of customer! Lol, ive met Anthony at scheids, definitely nothing to be intimidated by. Be crazy be wild, dont take no for an answer at all

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Kyle is a member here. Maybe he'll chime in. I have an AD 165 with the lifetime warranty. I sent the card in from work (where I ordered the pump) and hope it is on file.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Anyone have Air Dog refuse to replace a pump motor because they state you never sent the warranty card in or they never received it ???

My brother's AD-II/165 took a shit and I called today to get it warrantied and they told me they won't stand behind it because they don't have any record of the warranty card being sent in ???

WTF ?????..............:mad:

It's only a lifetime warranty if they can find the warranty card and the good old USPS didn't lose it or someone there didn't lose it at Air Dog.

I asked to speak to the owner Jason when I got no where with "Josh" and guess what..........no call back.

What should be my next move ????

I even have the receipt.

Oh my god, I can't believe this post.........I had to replace my AirDog 165 pump, cause it was leaking. Guess what, they had no record of my warranty card either. So $200.00 or whatever I spent, they sent me out a new motor. The problem was fixed and I filled out another warranty card and sent it to them. I just did this replacement about 2 months ago. I am going to call them and see that they got my warranty card. This is total B.S if they are pulling this scam with customers on their so-called lifetime warranty. Shit, you spend $600.00 on their product, you expect it to last. I got like a year and a half or so out of the original.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Seeing that others have had this problem, is making my blood boil. If this is the way they want to run their business, than they just lost a customer.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Shit i hope mine dont go out. I sent my card in but dont sound like it will matter. Hmmmm

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I called a couple weeks after I sent my card in and verified that they received it. Everything was good, hopefully it doesn't get "lost" when I need it.

-----------------------
08 LMM Chevy CCSB 4x4
trans by Relentless Diesel
EFILive tuned by JoshH
554 hp 1014 ft-lbs 7/31/11

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Think im gonna send mine certified with signature required and return receipt. lol Gonna make a copy for myself and heck even might send them an email so they have an electronic copy. haha

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Wow. Hope they start standing behind there crap. If it happens to me, I'm goin to drive there and throw my pos pump thru the front of the building. Hate shit like this. Guarantee I'm not buying another after hearing this.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I had a pump fail, when I still had my LBZ, it took about a month of phone calls, to finally get it cleared up, was a hassle, but they finally did take care of it.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
WOW!! Can't believe this shit. I have been researching lift pumps forever. Thought I finally decided on an ADII 165.:mad:

**** the warranty card.. That don't mean shit. It should go by the serial number or some other manufacturer's number

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I'm glad I went with Kennedy...I had this feeling about AirDog for a while and I hope you guys get it worked out...

My airdog has lasted longer than my Kennedy's did FWIW.

When I did have the Kennedy's fail though, John had excellent service in getting it replaced. I called him on monday about the failed pumps and I had new pumps on my doorstep on thursday, all he asked was that I send the failed pumps back, obviously.

That being said, all you guys that have airdog's, jeez...relax...ive had good luck with all of the ones that Ive installed...chances are you'll never have a problem with yours.