LBZ: Adding more calibrations to EFILive's DSP5 folders

MachineDoc

Apr 1, 2018
Ontario Canada
Hey all, anyone know how to add more calibrations to the DSP5 folders in EFILive? I want to add B1526, B1527 and B1528 for now.

The only thing I have found on this so far was this question. Unfortunately the important part of his question was lost in all the negitive. :villagers:

So either I'm blind (very possible) or its not something I can do. I have emailed EFILive directly already but no responce yet. Not sure if I will ever get one though either, but here's hoping.

Thanks

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You can not add to the existing DSP tables, there is also no need to do that, IMO the populated DSP tabes are enough to do the tweak .....if your main tune is setup correctly.:)

MachineDoc

Apr 1, 2018
Ontario Canada
IMO the populated DSP tabes are enough to do the tweak

All my DSP Tables are for if EGR is already set to off. I need one of my DSP programs or the base program to have it on and working so I can switch to it on the side of the road.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
You can not add to the existing DSP tables, there is also no need to do that, IMO the populated DSP tabes are enough to do the tweak .....if your main tune is setup correctly.:)

Look what the cat dragged in! :hello: Holy crap! How are you, dude?!?! Still over in the desert? Heard any updates on your old truck?!?! :confused:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Look what the cat dragged in! :hello: Holy crap! How are you, dude?!?! Still over in the desert? Heard any updates on your old truck?!?! :confused:

Im on the water now:D, working offshore. Havn't heard anything on the truck except that it was to be coming out this season??

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Why not just let your egr work?

Just use a normal tune with egr enabled and I don't see an issue with it working like it should? Probably better than trying to make it work sometimes and it getting stuck open

MachineDoc

Apr 1, 2018
Ontario Canada
Your truck will still show the monitors aren’t set. I don’t get what you’re trying to accomplish.

Well the last time I got pulled over he had a scanner that he plugged in showing the EGR system was not operating. I protested saying it was working fine, so he sent me to the dealer to get a written report saying everything smog related was working. In between getting pulled over and going to the dealer I pulled the EGR cooler and found a delete plate the previous owner had installed along with B1522 being set to 120 deg C. I bought the EFILive and wracked a stock tune in it before going to the dealer. Cost me like $200 to get a report thing, and the dealer did kindly update the stock program I had in there with the latest from one from GM. So I guess that's a plus!
So now I have the newest stock program to build from. :thumb:

I basically want to have the bone stock as the base program. Then the other four slots I can make it better. :woott: All with EGR disabled.

When researching the DSP5 switch I never came across anywhere that said how exactly it worked and that not all calibrations are customizable. Now I'm a little bummed that I cant implement my ingenuous idea.

MachineDoc

Apr 1, 2018
Ontario Canada
Why not just let your egr work?

Just use a normal tune with egr enabled and I don't see an issue with it working like it should? Probably better than trying to make it work sometimes and it getting stuck open

I can do this. I just wondered if It was possible for cleaner oil and crap in the intake... reasons.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Well the last time I got pulled over he had a scanner that he plugged in showing the EGR system was not operating. I protested saying it was working fine, so he sent me to the dealer to get a written report saying everything smog related was working. In between getting pulled over and going to the dealer I pulled the EGR cooler and found a delete plate the previous owner had installed along with B1522 being set to 120 deg C. I bought the EFILive and wracked a stock tune in it before going to the dealer. Cost me like $200 to get a report thing, and the dealer did kindly update the stock program I had in there with the latest from one from GM. So I guess that's a plus!
So now I have the newest stock program to build from. :thumb:

I basically want to have the bone stock as the base program. Then the other four slots I can make it better. :woott: All with EGR disabled.

When researching the DSP5 switch I never came across anywhere that said how exactly it worked and that not all calibrations are customizable. Now I'm a little bummed that I cant implement my ingenuous idea.

The scanner he plugged in was checking to see if the smog monitors were ready. If you’re running your egr deleted tunes and switch to your egr working tune (if you were even able to make that happen) your smog monitors would not be ready. So you would be in the same boat.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
EGR isn't all that bad, really. The combination of EGR and PCV is what makes an unholy mess. Re-route your PCV (might even be legal in Canada, I don't know though) and leave EGR working, problem solved.

Hypothetically, a blocker plate & finger stick would make the ECU report that EGR is working, and the monitors should pass. There are other ways of making the OBD2 port report whatever you want it to, but I don't know of any off-the-shelf ways to do it. Among other bad ideas you could pursue, is if you have a LB7, load a federal OS, and it will report that EGR is not present on the engine, and all monitors are good.

The question is why did you get pulled to have the EGR checked?? Either you are specifically targeted, or there was evidence of a modified truck (black smoke?) and they were just trying to get you for anything they could. Or does Canada do random emissions tests as you drive now?

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Ontario is as bad as Cali for emissions. They realized there was money to be had. OP we had a 05 yanked that had all the EGR gone. Took it to GM and it still passed the test the MOE wants you to do. However we put it back in, didnt change the tune or anything and it again passed the test but I know it was not turning on.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Ontario is as bad as Cali for emissions. They realized there was money to be had. OP we had a 05 yanked that had all the EGR gone. Took it to GM and it still passed the test the MOE wants you to do. However we put it back in, didnt change the tune or anything and it again passed the test but I know it was not turning on.

Ontario sounds worse than California.