LBZ: Accelerator sensor problem?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Has anyone ever had apps go bad? If so what’s the symptoms. I got my truck rebuilt and started last night after a year sitting and head swap. First start is smooth for a bit then starts loping like pushing too much fuel pressure to cp3. VERY sensitive throttle, very light! Also after revving up and letting off the throttle it takes a long time for the rpms to slowly settle back to idle speed. I notice I can’t get balance rates (which rpms show idle is about 800 maybe) I know they don’t balance over 1000rpm do not sure what’s up with that. Also years past I recall when I drove the truck on the street I did have a APPS code, which has been blocked from showing anymore iirc. Just trying to think about what’s up with it while at my real job and believe it could be multiple apps sensors or the whole pedal gone bad.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I thought I had a bad pedal once and replaced it. Not the fix.

After ringing out all the wires I found that the wire harness which penetrates the firewall had some broken wires. Actually they were partially cut by a $h*t alarm installation monkey when he slit the big grommet for a through firewall alarm wire penetration; then eventually broke over the years.

I replaced the harness and all was good to go.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I thought I had a bad pedal once and replaced it. Not the fix.

After ringing out all the wires I found that the wire harness which penetrates the firewall had some broken wires. Actually they were partially cut by a $h*t alarm installation monkey when he slit the big grommet for a through firewall alarm wire penetration; then eventually broke over the years.

I replaced the harness and all was good to go.

Do you remember if that was a no response atall peddle, or was it acting really funny like mine?

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I had 2 of the 3 sensor wires broken (I think its 2 of 3, I may be wrong).

I was throwing codes, but truck was still operational. There are some tests you can run on the pedal, and some for the wiring harness, but I can't access that stuff from work.

Sounds like you need to go completely through the diagnostic tree for the code your getting.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yeah I’ll do that when I get off work. Just trying to brainstorm anything else that would cause it! I think that’s the problem, as that makes the most sense just running through my head

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
I can pull up the diagnostic procedure for testing apps And the harness side pin out if you would like, After I get out of work my modis is at home

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I can pull up the diagnostic procedure for testing apps And the harness side pin out if you would like, After I get out of work my modis is at home

I believe I SHOULD have home thanks. Just in case though if I don’t respond saying it’s fixed could you please do so lol

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Well since the v2 shows commanded pressure and desired pressure (instead of actual and desired) I got confused as to which was actual and which was desired.... so what I thought was asking for zero pressure was actually reading the actual pressure which was zero. (Sensor bad, didn’t know how much pressure it was really)

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Swapped sensor from another truck, and it purred like a kitten. Panicked when I saw gm and everyone else and their brother wants about 500 bucks for that sensor!!!! I was able to buy Bosch part from Oregon fuel injection for about 165

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Had a bad fire last year so I ohmed wiring harness from frps to ecm and all wiring was good. Next thing was to simply swap sensors and that was it