Accelerator replacement

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I just finished making the return on this one. I'm buying the NOS AC Delco on eBay, I'm not seeing any of these anywhere.

mojito5000

Aug 20, 2019
Oregon
I've had more luck on parts from junkyards than Part Stores. Dealers are so expensive when they can get the part, they think this is Rolls Royce and not a 23 year old Chevrolet.

Reactions: N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
It did. I think some of it is the nature of the beast; first Gen fly by wire. But my old pedal was super sensitive and this pedal is much easier to hold steady over road bumps. 200k newer I guess. lol.

I think I also found the source of my serp belt issue too. The cooling fan pulley has some movement when I grab the fan blades and wiggle. So the bearing is shot. Dunno if it’s a simple bearing swap or if I need to buy the whole $200 assy. Gotta do some searching :)

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That's good to hear.

My fan bearing on my donner truck had a notchy feeling in 1 spot. Not surprised cause the truck was wrecked. I bought a new one because used one were nearly the same price at the time. Not sure if they are still available or if they are rebuildable.