Accelerator replacement

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I’ve tried a new spring and tuning, but I think the pedal is just lousy and I want to replace it. I’m not seeing any OEM, just aftermarket. Any recommendation of which one to go with? Thanks!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I took a shot on a replacement. We'll see how it goes. At worst, I have a spare as these get harder to find.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks. I had two - that one and this one:

I bought the latter. Hope it works out :)

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Mixed results. The accelerator arrived today. Contrary to the auction claim that it’s made in Canada, it’s made in China. It also sits stupid high at rest, compared to my stock pedal. It’s about even with the brake pedal when neither are being pressed.

On a positive note, a short drive leads me to believe that it is nowhere near as twitchy. So I’m torn between keeping it and adjusting the free height, or sending it back and bitching them out for unethical sales practices. I’ll probably keep it and tweak it or rob Peter to pay Paul and change the arm with the stock arm or something. Hmm.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 10

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
I don't know about you but I just HATE it when people try to cheat me. Your choice as to what you do. At least it's better in some aspects vs what you already have.

Reactions: N2BRK

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Mixed results. The accelerator arrived today. Contrary to the auction claim that it’s made in Canada, it’s made in China. It also sits stupid high at rest, compared to my stock pedal. It’s about even with the brake pedal when neither are being pressed.

On a positive note, a short drive leads me to believe that it is nowhere near as twitchy. So I’m torn between keeping it and adjusting the free height, or sending it back and bitching them out for unethical sales practices. I’ll probably keep it and tweak it or rob Peter to pay Paul and change the arm with the stock arm or something. Hmm.
Unfortunately. You purchased the one from Pensacola Diesel...

Reactions: N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Ok. I’m more pissed now. I looked up the Chinese part that I received and it’s a $44 part.

• Angry
Reactions: 2004LB7

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Wells Vehicle Electronics... interesting. $42.89 on Rock Auto...

I found a Dorman Version and a Standard Motor Products version But they were around $75 range. Maybe they are just reselling the WVE version.