Ac problem fixed and maybe more????

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Here is a diagnosis chart. You will need to take some temperature readings of the discharge and suction lines, plus pressures.

Post up what you have

refrig-diagnostic-chart.png

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Well shit. I don't know guys. Can't get it to act up today. Sat for 3 hours and pressures where fine. 275/55 in a hot cab. Low side was slowly falling. Wife said it blew ice cold all day. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for all the help. The fan clutch has seem to have fixed some of it for sure.

No one ever did mention about the white haze gone. Could pulling more air affect that in anyway?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Not trying to hijack but just have a quick question since it was mentioned. I’ve noticed my trucks air absolutely sucks when stopped. Would adding a small fan to the front of the condenser to kick in when you turn the ac on help this?

That would help. Make sure your stacks clean. You could get a fan clutch that comes on sooner. I would do that before adding an electric fan.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
When you say you cleaned the stack, did you pull the radiator AND intercooler out? Or pull the radiator and condenser? Otherwise how else are you going to get all the stuff out. I've seen people do this, and skip actually pulling the stack apart, and end up with the same problem afterwards.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
When you say you cleaned the stack, did you pull the radiator AND intercooler out? Or pull the radiator and condenser? Otherwise how else are you going to get all the stuff out. I've seen people do this, and skip actually pulling the stack apart, and end up with the same problem afterwards.

No I didn't. But I couldn't even suck up a paper towel it idle. That's when we changed fan clutch and at same time I backed flushed the radiator with water. Saw clean water coming out. And flushed the condenser the same way. And water was shooting threw both of them and threw the intercooler. So far still good. Pressures are ok right now.