Help: AC not working

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
I believe its still low on freon hook up the gages and watch the low side while you spray water on the condenser if the low side drops pressure continue to add freon till its around 30-35# if it doesn't drop pressure then change out the accumulator or receiver dryer and orifice tube

brandonkinney

Jul 17, 2011
o.k. a a/c system that is working properly should run with clutch kicked in on low between 30 to 40 and on the high side some where between 175 to 220. when the clutch kicks out the low side pressure go up to around 70 and the high side no more than 325 before the clutch kicks back in and drops pressure. but im kinda got to side with all the other guys. general rule of thumb no matter if the clutch takes a crap or the compressor its self. always changed the orfice tube. i generally if a compressor problems arises change the orfice and drier as a pair. and it also depends on where your located as to how many pounds of vacuum you will truly get on a system. vacuum has to do with how far above sea level you are because of the humidty in the air. and also some one posted that while pulling a vacuum it will seal off that is VERY true. because when you pull a vacuum you are causing the line to collaspe just a little bit which if you had a crack in the line it would seal it. and then when you put pressure on it the line expands again and allows it to leak. you dont have to fill it with nitorgen. pull your vacuum and then shoot a can of freon in it and then soappy water. because it will act just like finding a nail in a tire. it will create a bubble where it is leaking. i hope all of this is a big help to you. sorry for the long post. a/c is my speciality.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
It's fixed, apparently a VW AC System likes an exact amount of freon.....it is like brain surgery ??

Anyway, thanks for the posts, it was nothing other than an incorrect amount even though I should have been able to add or remove a little it wanted the correct amount.

Now it blows cold AC and works as it should.

:woott:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It's fixed, apparently a VW AC System likes an exact amount of freon.....it is like brain surgery ??

Anyway, thanks for the posts, it was nothing other than an incorrect amount even though I should have been able to add or remove a little it wanted the correct amount.

Now it blows cold AC and works as it should.

:woott:

See! what i tell ya :D. glad you got her fixed :hug: