LB7: ABS light/ parking brake light with service brake system

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
the past few days i have been getting the abs light coming on and off i figured it was the wheel bearings, but i jus replaced them within the past 5 months or less, well i checked the dct codes and i have: C0035, C0040, U1300-"class 2data link low" all saying EBCM , then yesterday the parking brake light came on with the abs followed by service brake system on the DIC and after that the brake pedal felt spongey a few times that i was driving, then the parking brake went away n came back. i think its the ebcm but not sure any ideas i been trying to find in different threads about my situation but nothing like what i have.
2010-07-06164241.jpg

Heavydutyhog

Sep 28, 2011
I have the same problem on my 06 except it shows the message and dings every time you start the truck. Codes say it is the right and left front wheel speed sensor. Changed the hubs about 15 months ago and they only have a 1 year warranty. Stinking Chinese parts! Also changed the tire size to 285/75 from 245/75, but that was over 2 years ago and didn't have any trouble until I braked hard. I hope the hubs don't need to be changed again, that's not a fun job.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have the same problem on my 06 except it shows the message and dings every time you start the truck. Codes say it is the right and left front wheel speed sensor. Changed the hubs about 15 months ago and they only have a 1 year warranty. Stinking Chinese parts! Also changed the tire size to 285/75 from 245/75, but that was over 2 years ago and didn't have any trouble until I braked hard. I hope the hubs don't need to be changed again, that's not a fun job.

check your hubs for slop and also make sure all your ABS connections are good. If you have too, NAPA has wheel speed sensors separate of the hub. i had to replace one about two-three years ago

Heartbeat Hauler

May 5, 2008
Morgantown, WV
The wires from the wheel (speed) sensors up to the harness have been known to wear through from rubbing on suspension parts. Check for bare wires shorting. Also, there is a ground lug under the drivers side on a cross brace for the frame rail. This ground is for the EBCM and can become corroded. Remove wires, and clean all connectors and the frame area, then re-install. On the other side (inside) of the frame rail is the EBCM, it has connectors you can unplug, clean and reconnect.

I tried all of this and had no luck. Took it to the dealership and they checked all wire connections associated with the EBCM for shorts, breaks, or poor connections. I finally bit the bullet and replaced the EBCM and valve unit...$2100. Hope your luck is better than mine was.

Last edited:

zacwht20

Feb 4, 2011
Auburn, IL
I had a leaky battery that coroded the wires that tripped the abs light... i know its not common but maybe something to check

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
I to am having this problem, on my 04.5 chevy the service brake system will show in the display, and the abs and parking brake light light up but would go away if I shut off key then restarted, but then yesterday the lights and display have stayed on and are still staying on, I notice no difference in my brake pedal, but I was messin around with it tonight and just tryin to find something and only thing I found is when I slam on brakes both rear tires lock up, other than that I have no clue, any ideas?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.764076,-92.466849
2011 Ferd F-teenthousand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Im in the check the battery/cable connections camp. That is what was causong my issues like this. Low voltage and the ABS module is the first thing to drop offline when the starter is pulling all of the available voltage.