Help: ABS Brake Service Light

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I swapped my lift and steering components from my reg cab to my ccsb and from my ccsb to my reg cab, everything was working 100% on both trucks before, but now I have the ABS and Parking brake service lights on and the chiming. The connectors are clean, the wiring on the sensors look good (newer wheel bearings) and I even took a wheel bearing I knew was good and plugged into each connector and nothing. The truck doesn't even have to be on or moving for the lights/codes to come on. I haven't seen anyone have the same symptoms as me so other threads weren't helpful. Codes are C0035 and C0040

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Possibly a tuning adjustment needs to be done to calibrate tires and speedo. Drive on the freeway. Monitor a hand held gps to track your speed and look at the speedometer. To see if they match.

Possible sensor is bad.

Gap or spacing not at the proper distance from tone ring to sensor. Maybe a sensor is not completely seated in its proper location. Dirty or grime causing it not to sit properly.

A wrong tone ring on hub.

Did you check the speed sensor on the tcase and its wiring?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
if the actual tire size is too far off from what the tune is set up for, it will make the ABS do weird things. And when that light comes on and all that shit, remember you dont have anti lock brakes so be easy or you will shit yourself. ask me how i know haha

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
haha thanks! I would of never thought that, I contacted Mike M. and he just told me to change tire size and flash it, hopefully that will solve the problem because it should be sold this week and I need to get an alignment still haha

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
I'm not very computer savi and efi looks foreign to me so I'm sure I will have many questions, hopefully I don't wipe out the tunes or something:/ I was told I have to pull the file, save it, change it, then flash it..

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Man I haven't open the Efi live software in a long ass time. But you'll have to make the changes then save and reflash. It's real easy to do, I just can't remember exactly where you go to make the changes.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Tire size will not affect your abs unless you try programming over 34.5 or change your gear ratio.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You either have damaged the wires/sensors or you need to go drive it real quick if you have yet to drive it since the swap

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
how much should I drive it? I have only went around the block a couple times since I swapped everything..tie wires look good and shouldn't have gotten pinched, my LBZ is doing good..idk, hopefully I just need to drive it:/

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You need to get above 25mph just once. If you did and the lights didn't go off, it's a connection/pickup issue