A topic that couldn't be farther from diesel discussion but.......

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Today, in Western Siberia, Russia, I killed a Vipera Berus Snake more commonly known simply as a Viper!!

It was just a wee little thing about 18" long and an 1" thick but damn-I never would have thought I would find a poisonous snake in Siberia!!

Just when I thought I had seen it all!!:spit:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Working on it........SD card reader isn't working.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
But to tide you over, here's a pic of the Coke truck I seen in the ditch on the way to work yesterday.

Alcohol believed to be a factor......:D

Attachments

• DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 133

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Must've been run off the road by the Capt Morgan truck.

Why were you in Siberia?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Must've been run off the road by the Capt Morgan truck.

Why were you in Siberia?

I work here for an Oilfield Well Service Company. Sucks to be away from home for a month at a time but it pays the bills!:D

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Never thought a Viper would be in Siberia.

Probably Global Warming :spit:

Seriously though, I hate any snake, I have learned to tolerate the various black ones...the brown ones are a different story.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Quit killing snakes. Unless it's in your house, or has your kid in it's mouth, let them be.

I agree to an extent...had to learn the hard way though.

I was always told non-poisonous snakes (especially black snakes here) will keep the poisonous ones away. I never believed it and killed all the snakes I came across, killed 5 black snakes in 3 days when the squirrels were having young (one black snake was over 8' long).
Didn't see any snakes for about a year, then one day my Dad and I had to put his old truck in the shop (it was going to hail) at the time the motor was out and we had to push it in. Got the truck in there and my Dad went to grab what he thought was a leaf sticking in the cowl area, and pulled his hand back quick. Threw the hood up and there was a copperhead laying in the cowl area, it was his head sticking up on the windshield.
We had a heck of a time getting that thing out of the fender, but eventually got it out and shot it.
Now I don't kill the black snakes or garter snakes and haven't seen any copperheads since...in fact I just ran across a 5' black snake crossing the road in the turn right before my driveway about an hour ago.

Ted, remind me next gtg to tell the water snake story...it takes me too long to type it here.

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
I agree to an extent...had to learn the hard way though.

I was always told non-poisonous snakes (especially black snakes here) will keep the poisonous ones away. I never believed it and killed all the snakes I came across, killed 5 black snakes in 3 days when the squirrels were having young (one black snake was over 8' long).
Didn't see any snakes for about a year, then one day my Dad and I had to put his old truck in the shop (it was going to hail) at the time the motor was out and we had to push it in. Got the truck in there and my Dad went to grab what he thought was a leaf sticking in the cowl area, and pulled his hand back quick. Threw the hood up and there was a copperhead laying in the cowl area, it was his head sticking up on the windshield.
We had a heck of a time getting that thing out of the fender, but eventually got it out and shot it.
Now I don't kill the black snakes or garter snakes and haven't seen any copperheads since...in fact I just ran across a 5' black snake crossing the road in the turn right before my driveway about an hour ago.

Ted, remind me next gtg to tell the water snake story...it takes me too long to type it here.

I have to agree - I used to kill them on site where I saw 'em and then learned they're my friends.
If I see a garder snake/king snake I know I'm not going to run into a rattler anywhere to close.
We have to many kids and horses to deal with the poisonous ones!
You wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of money in some of those horses, and if they get bit in the face and the nose swells, they can't breath and die.
We do have medical 'tubes' we can put in their noses to help but, try holding a 1200 pound goofy warmblood still for 2 seconds when they can't breath... it's comical ;)
It's just easier to let the garder and king snakes loose and deal w/ em.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It came into our pit in the shop twice and after the third time, I had enough of listening to the little russian boys screaming like girls so I got rid of it.

But I try to leave snakes be-they kill a lot of rodents and generally don't bother me.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
We had a rattler problem in socal. I killed 7 of them in one summer. Found out that a couple of them were actually gopher snakes, look just like rattler... minus the rattles and round head. Started leaving them alone because they would and could kill the rattler's for us.

They also helped keep the gopher population down... I never could keep up on that.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Agreed I do not harm snakes, they are our friends. As a matter of fact I never kill predators as they are the regulator for all the other populations below them on the food chain.