$9000 Build.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
So I tried to sell my truck with no luck....
Pulled out a bunch of money and started spending.
This all started last week.
Big Dipper Trans is in. Still taking it easy on it letting things break in. Shifts smooth for the most part. You can deffintaly feel the torque converter lock up. Just like my buddies dodge.
Air Dog 165 is in.
Edge insight monitor with pyro gauge is in.
Power windows will be installed on wendsay.
12k Hid's I still need to install these.
Efi live with a dsp5 switch Hopefully that will be installed with in the next couple days.
Pvc reroute and tie rod sleeves were ordered today.
I'm going to order a set of nfab black cab length steps today.
I think that's it so far. My goal is to have a 12 sec truck. I know I need to buy a set of wheels and tires for the track. I'm not sure if pyo's will work with my lift.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
I have a fabtech 6'' lift with 2'' keys and the bolts maxed out to clear these tires.

Rip I'm always missing the good deals.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Yeah that thing is as arrow dynamic as a wall, but that D-Max can push you into the 12's for sure it's gonna take some $$$$ but she will do it. I would think about twins or a big single since you already have the trans and if you need cheap power you could run drugs. I do not support the use of drugs but if it gets the job done then so be it, go to the track and let her rip and keep your fingures crossed nothing cracks (cough) pistons.:rofl:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah that would be no good.

ditch the keys as well. you wont be able to get the front end low enough with them un-cranked on that lift to keep your cv angles good or to keep from hoppin in the front bad. Im sure your ride is suffuring bad too. Fabtech kits are not ment to be cranked more than what they say to. more than that and you lookin at CV issues, big steering issues, and a bad ride. I bent fabtech tie rods with a decent 4wd launch and cranked up t-bars.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
Thats next. I know about the hooping I've already been through one front end, and I had the torsion bar bolts all the way out.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Thats next. I know about the hooping I've already been through one front end, and I had the torsion bar bolts all the way out.

Remove the lift... weight reduction is your friend. If you are trying to go quick a big lift is going to kill your goal.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
N fab steps are ordered.
Efi live is in with the dsp5 switch, I deffintaly need to buy a locker now. This thing doesnt hook up at all.:driving:

Last edited: