650-700rwhp LMM, what times to expect?

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Ok I know this is going fishing and probably not very accurate but looking for some motivation. 08 CC SB....Say twins, modded cp3 or dual fuelers, 60 overs, (big stuff), tuning on point...EFI Live of course, fully built trans to handle that power, suspension and tire combo to cut a 1.6-1.5.....what can I conservatively expect for 1/4 and 1/8 mile times?

Also, I have been searching to see what kind of torque to the wheels it would be putting down at those hp numbers to no avail....is there a equation to estimate torque?

I'm about to do these mods this winter...well what I have left on that list. Already have tuning, lift pump, exhaust, the suspension and tire wheel combo is almost done and the tranny build is being discussed and will happen next month. Really what's left is the twins, fueling, injectors and new tuning to accommodate that. Internals are stock for now, both top and bottom. I'll be lucky to hold 650-700 for long on that I know, but a motor build is in the works for mid summer next year....650-700 will be a number of the past at that point.

Any input appreciated.
Shoot!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Depending on weight, should be anywhere from mid 11s to very low 12s in the 1/4 and probably in the mid 7s (anywhere from 7.3 to 7.7) in the 1/8. Trap speeds probably in the low to mid 1-teens and around 90 in the 1/8. Depending on tuning, torque should be somewhere in the 1300 ft-lbs range.

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Hmmm, 11s is what I like to hear....even if it's high 11s for now. I think I may even be able to cut better 60' with my tire and suspension set up. It will more depend on the driver at that point. I would love to shoot for 11.50s.
Josh, was there a calc u did to estimate hp to torque?

At this point I wouldn't want to go much faster as i will need to add some sort of caging after 11.50. This is a daily driver...even if it only gets about 2500miles a yr on it, I still drive it when I'm in town and it's not getting a laundry list of mods done to it.

So what's the stock weight of a Chev 08 CC SB LTZ....I'm guessing about 7000lbs? Took off some weight with the exhaust and other small things but probably added that back with the suspension components? What are some good ways to drop some weight for track day and being able to go back to stock after the track? I know the basics like removing the tailgate, spare, hitch.

Last edited:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I believe ccsb ltz are around 72-7300. Least thats where I'm at about. I'm in that power(hp) range u want now also. I have not been to track to see what it runs yet cause I pretty much just finished it. I have a few thing left this winter to do like, injectors, dual cp3s and up pipes and manifolds. I'm goin to build my motor sometime in the next year or so. As long as everything stays together.

From what I've been told and seen josh is right on with numbers. 11.99 is all I'm shootin for till motor build. I have a dyno appt at end of month. So we shall see what happens.

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
I had i.i twins on my lmm and w/ stock injectors, and pump and it dynoed right at 615

Never ran it at the track though

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
So it seems like mid to high 11s are pretty realistic with that setup then...definitely some motivation.

Any info on how to cut weight without pulling out the kitchen sink and being able to go back to stock fairly easy? I've seen rear bumpers removed, lighting pulled also. Don't wanna take my hood off or front bumpers off or anything like that....going a little far for a DD I think. How much weight can u loose with a fiberglass hood? Maybe pull the rear seats? I'm sure pulling the front pass seat would be a pain.

Anyhow, thanks for all the info so far!!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
So it seems like mid to high 11s are pretty realistic with that setup then...definitely some motivation.

Any info on how to cut weight without pulling out the kitchen sink and being able to go back to stock fairly easy? I've seen rear bumpers removed, lighting pulled also. Don't wanna take my hood off or front bumpers off or anything like that....going a little far for a DD I think. How much weight can u loose with a fiberglass hood? Maybe pull the rear seats? I'm sure pulling the front pass seat would be a pain.

Anyhow, thanks for all the info so far!!

http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21259&highlight=weight

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
You should be able to get your truck down to 6800 lbs taking off the rear tail gate, hitch, second battery, rear seat, and easy if you take out the passenger's seat. I'd leave the rear bumper on. Might want to consider putting in a fuel tank sump, (Hellmann Performance makes a dandy) so you can run very low on fuel and race. As far as suspension goes, good center link, sleeves and braces, (if you want the best look at the Dmax Store and their competiton Kryptonite series) also cal tracks, and adjustable shocks. I use QA1's and love them. If you are serious about drag racing invest in a set of drag radials on a light set of good rims, will save you a ton of weight. I'd go dual fuelers and compound turbos. Are great on the street and also the track. Talk to your tuner about injector size. I run 100 over on my truck, but I have a full built engine and they are a tad large for the street IMO. have to be real careful about smoking out the car behind you. If you can drive worth a shit you'll be mid 11's easy. Get a good tuner, several of those around. That is the real key to getting the best performance from your truck. Everyone knows who I think is the best and you only have to look at the quick 50 list of fastest dmax's to prove it. I know the stock LMM engines are suppose to be stronger, but you will be on the edge with a stock engine with what you are considering. Good luck:thumb:

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
You should be able to get your truck down to 6800 lbs taking off the rear tail gate, hitch, second battery, rear seat, and easy if you take out the passenger's seat. I'd leave the rear bumper on. Might want to consider putting in a fuel tank sump, (Hellmann Performance makes a dandy) so you can run very low on fuel and race. As far as suspension goes, good center link, sleeves and braces, (if you want the best look at the Dmax Store and their competiton Kryptonite series) also cal tracks, and adjustable shocks. I use QA1's and love them. If you are serious about drag racing invest in a set of drag radials on a light set of good rims, will save you a ton of weight. I'd go dual fuelers and compound turbos. Are great on the street and also the track. Talk to your tuner about injector size. I run 100 over on my truck, but I have a full built engine and they are a tad large for the street IMO. have to be real careful about smoking out the car behind you. If you can drive worth a shit you'll be mid 11's easy. Get a good tuner, several of those around. That is the real key to getting the best performance from your truck. Everyone knows who I think is the best and you only have to look at the quick 50 list of fastest dmax's to prove it. I know the stock LMM engines are suppose to be stronger, but you will be on the edge with a stock engine with what you are considering. Good luck:thumb:
Will i still need a fuel pick up kit with this sump or does it not need it

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011

I'll check into the sump. Is it a hard install? Maybe you could PM me and we could talk a little more about performance best? Good info on the weight cutting, I think I can do all those things with relative ease then.

DMax Store Krypto kit is what I have up front, Cal Tracs, spring clamps and overload spring removed in the rear. QA1s double adjustable at all four corners are in the works. Just confirming part numbers with them to get the correct ones for my dropped height. What exactly are you running or recommending for tire/wheel setup for the track?

Been steered toward compounds (DuramaxTuner.com kit or MPI twins is what I've done the most research on), dual fuelers and 60 overs from Exergy. I wouldn't mind going with 100s if it leaves room for more power later.

Really appreciate all the feedback, it's been awesome doing research and getting feedback from everyone in this sport/industry.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
you shouldnt need spring clams with the cal-tracs unless you plan on claimping the rear of the leaf pack.

100 overs and dual fuelers for sure...!!

either twin kit you choose will be nice. :woott:

good luck

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
s366 over an s480 with dual fuelers and 100 overs will make for one screamin ass LMM. My bud runs nitto 420's on his 10s cummins and he likes the way they grab on the track...plus they look sweet as hell.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Can I recommend buying from one of our vendors? Trent sells some pretty awesome stuff

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Can I recommend buying from one of our vendors? Trent sells some pretty awesome stuff

Do us forum members get a discount thru the vendors who advertise here? Also, is there any advantage to buying all parts thru one vendor....discounts, perks, etc...??