65 SS Impala Re-Power Duramax.

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
Ok guys I've been dreaming of doing this. I found a 01 2wd LB7 doner truck for a decent price. My first question is will the motor mounts out of the truck bolt into my car? If not does anyone sell ones that will fit(i can build some but would be nice to save time) I've read everything I Can find on the 65 SS that Pimp my ride did but can't find details like this.

Thanks for your help,
Aaron

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Simply put, no, the engine mounts will not just bolt up in the chevelle chassis. Very slim chance the trans tunnel will be anywhere near clearing the huge Allison. There are a few options on stand alone harnesses or just putting practically all of the wiring in the car for abs, gauge cluster, etc.

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
Ya I figured it wouldn't be direct bolt up that would be to easy. I will contact Dan and see what he can do for me about mounts. I know the tranny tunnel will have to be cut and raised up a bit. The one they did on Pimp my ride is my exact car 65 Impala super sport 2dr Hard top. So I already have a center console. Thanks for the replys good luck with your project Mitch.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
You might be able to use the same mounts i made which were built using the templates from teh dieselpage conversion guide. Back it up with a 4L80E and clearance shouldn't be a big issue.

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
Where would I find these templates at? I thought about a 4L80E but didn't know how much power it can handle. The car will be a weekend cruiser and probly only running 120 over stock EFI Live tune at the most. Thx

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Great project man, I definitely envy you for puttin two of my favorite things together, a 65-67 impala and a dmax. Hope all goes well for you, keep us posted

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I found the book you talked about Ferm. Is it worth the $96?

It's a nice book, but not really worth the money. The only thing in it that applied to my swap was the mount templates. Nothing else in it applied as I didn't try and integrate the 2 together like he did with his.

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
Well I picked up the Donor truck on sun and drive it 200 miles home. Ran great. Balance rates all ck'd out good through my V2. Couple weeks ill start tear down. Its nice to see a un-molested LB7 with 120k on the clock. :woott:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
if you look in the seld pulling or drag racing section you might be able to find it. i know guys have done some stuff like that. also you could give Dan@PPE a call.

cant wait to see how this turns out. i think once my truck has had it i will pull the motor and put it in something else.