600hp, 4th gear?

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
With my 06, ~650 rwhp with 50/50 water meth, tried the hero gear since I drew first. First pull hit 4th, truck fell on it's face, went about 300 ft, and they added more weight so I had to pull last. Next time, same air pressure, heavier sled, tires are 285 Cooper Discoverer S/T's, pulled 314 in third gear.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
You mean you guys can't run boggers like we can in the sand box lol... I run new 33"x14-16 boggers in 3rd gear, kills the motor at the end almost every time lmao. Due to the twins it throws me into the extreme class, so I gotta get every last bit of ground possible with the stock motor. I'll be looking into the unlock sw for next year, I'm sure it will help keep the motor kickin.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
You mean you guys can't run boggers like we can in the sand box lol... I run new 33"x14-16 boggers in 3rd gear, kills the motor at the end almost every time lmao. Due to the twins it throws me into the extreme class, so I gotta get every last bit of ground possible with the stock motor. I'll be looking into the unlock sw for next year, I'm sure it will help keep the motor kickin.

Boggers def do not work out this way. There was a couple trucks around here with them and they went no where, and I'm letting out at the end. Needless to say all of those guys bought sts and there were on my tail after that.

Sent from my EVO

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
The other reason I will be running 4th next year is our sled operator lets us run out there. He likes to let the diesel guys put on a show and lets us run on average 350'.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Boggers def do not work out this way. There was a couple trucks around here with them and they went no where, and I'm letting out at the end. Needless to say all of those guys bought sts and there were on my tail after that.

Sent from my EVO

I don't think there is a Super Stock gas rig out here that does not run them, so I figured what the hell I'll give it a try. They bite so hard out here I cringe going down the track when it pulls the motor down. Any other tire I tried, I was 20-30' behind the big dawgs. With the boggers I'm right there with them and even won the last pull. So far, I'm the only one using them in the class. If the surface was different out here, they would not hook worth shit though.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
fwi i was turing around 4400 in 3rd gear 3.73 gears. When i would hit 4th gear i would turn around 2800-3000 max. It was actually faster in 3rd becuase at the huge rpm loss. Im going to bet money now that you will not be able to turn 6 sts tires in 4th gear. NO WAY. Slap some 35's on get alittle more ground speed out of them and put it in 3rd gear and let it eat!!!!!

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il

Is there any videos of your truck? I gotta see these boggers in action.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
fwi i was turing around 4400 in 3rd gear 3.73 gears. When i would hit 4th gear i would turn around 2800-3000 max. It was actually faster in 3rd becuase at the huge rpm loss. Im going to bet money now that you will not be able to turn 6 sts tires in 4th gear. NO WAY. Slap some 35's on get alittle more ground speed out of them and put it in 3rd gear and let it eat!!!!!

I agree no way 6 tires in 4th. I'm just going to have to do some experimenting I guess. I think I may just try the dual 33's 1st in 3rd gear. If not I'll grab myself a set of 35's...

Sent from my EVO

Papuller86

alittle more then stock
Jun 22, 2010
scranton pa
Haha I wish it was that easy to build lol.

So I could do a few different way I guess...

A.) 4 33" sts 4th gear

B.) 4 35" duratracs 3rd gear

C.) 6 33" sts 3rd gear

It really sucks, like mentioned earlier the tracks around here are marginal at best. I know of maybe 3 tracks in the area that are power tracks.

i choose option C!!! lol i can make u a very nice inner rim to run duals when u want, or a normal outter tire when u want!! just say the word, pete!!

I agree no way 6 tires in 4th. I'm just going to have to do some experimenting I guess. I think I may just try the dual 33's 1st in 3rd gear. If not I'll grab myself a set of 35's...

Sent from my EVO

y not duals with 4th i did with 3.73s no problem!!! lol jk jk jk