6 Speed Allison Trans Tune

RedDmaxLBZ07

Oct 16, 2009
East TN
I am having trouble with my TC not locking in 2nd gear at WOT. Now with the new release of EFI Live allowing to control TCC lock up, I am considering getting a trans tune. I have the original BT lock up box without the "auto" function. I was considering getting a new lock up box with the auto function until I heard about the new release of EFI Live. I would like to fix this problem because its starting to be a PITA. What do you guys think?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lockup box...upgrade it and send it my way.

I'd prefer hardware over software any day.

They are both software and hardware :rolleyes:

OP, just depends on you. They will both give you what you want. The tcm is as simple as a tune change and flash though. No removing parts, sending off, then waiting for them to come back

RedDmaxLBZ07

Oct 16, 2009
East TN
I like the fact that with the tune all I gotta do is plug my laptop up and a quick flash. The mounting location of Tony Burkhards lock up box is great because you don't have to worry about the controller box laying around in the cab.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
You should really try a tcm tune first. It will be cheaper and might just work perfectly for you.

I tried it and wasn't super happy, but I also didn't really play with the tune much to get it to do what I wanted. Besides that I run an 01 TCM OS that doesn't support the new tables.