6 hi mod

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
So I went out and tried again but now none worked. But when I took them all out and put it back to stock my day times worked but no hi's I have pics of what I did but I don't kno how to post pictures yet haha:rofl:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Bad diodes would mean something would be on you don't want on yet. You need to check fuses

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
picture.php
picture.php

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I don't know if its different for the older chassis, but on my 07 classic LBZ the pin you connect to is the 86 leg....also, I'm not savvy on how the electrical stuff works, but I ran the diode directly to the pin and pushed the fuse down and into the slot with the diode, v.s, running them into the hole next to the pin. On my last rig I actually filed the pin down a little and soldered the diode to it. But fer sure I am hitting the 86 pin, not the 85:cool2:
picture.php

If you'll notice, I spliced the diodes and soldered them together, I should heat shrink wrap it, but, ehh, it ain't broke, so.....

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
And technically you only need two diodes, run one from the hi beams to low, and one from the hi to fogs...which is why I spliced off the hi side of the hi to low connection for the fogs

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Lol:rofl::roflmao:
The funny thing is the h.i.d's are only 35w and the high beams are 60w PIAA ultra white, or cyber white? And they look like candle power next to the h.i.d lights:D