6.7 Powerchoke kill

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
yeh sure, go ahead and trade your lbz in for the one year wonder. Humm, lets see this makes 3 engines in the past 5 years. Oh, and how many trannys. Just make sure you get the extended warrenty. When you get sick and tired of having you ford 6.7 in the shop you can drag your happy little a** back to the best diesel and trans on the market and that my little friend is the 6.6 duramax and allison.

amen!

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Lb7
Lly
Lbz
Lmm
Lml

5 engines there.

From my smart car.

All the same basic engine with changes to the fuel system, turbo chargers, and emission equipment. They are all interchangable, unlike the completely different 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7. Just sayin.

I like all trucks, just prefer GM, I have to say Ford does do a good job in their fully optioned trucks as far as interior goes, anything 07 newer (6.4) look horrible, honestly why put the marker lights above the headlights?? Makes for one ugly truck IMO, the 06 down (previous body style) are alot better looking trucks. 6.7 trucks are just hideous. Lots of guys hold on to the fact that the Ford Torq shift holds more power stock than an Allison, who cares?? I know the 6.4's can make some good power very easily but they still can't compete with a Duramax that makes 100 hp less. They are heavy pigs!!!!

I suppose if I wanted a good workhorse that was reliable I'd buy a 7.3 PSD but none of the later engines.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
All the same basic engine with changes to the fuel system, turbo chargers, and emission equipment. They are all interchangable, unlike the completely different 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7. Just sayin.

I like all trucks, just prefer GM, I have to say Ford does do a good job in their fully optioned trucks as far as interior goes, anything 07 newer (6.4) look horrible, honestly why put the marker lights above the headlights?? Makes for one ugly truck IMO, the 06 down (previous body style) are alot better looking trucks. 6.7 trucks are just hideous. Lots of guys hold on to the fact that the Ford Torq shift holds more power stock than an Allison, who cares?? I know the 6.4's can make some good power very easily but they still can't compete with a Duramax that makes 100 hp less. They are heavy pigs!!!!

I suppose if I wanted a good workhorse that was reliable I'd buy a 7.3 PSD but none of the later engines.

x2 well said

Jwarren

May 13, 2012

I feel bad for 7.3l guys, i have had 2 7.3's in the last year. Not all that great.
6.0l on the other hand not all that hard to get big hp out of. Right now i bet i could lay down 750-800rwhp on fuel and that's 2.6" charger, last few hooks been putting 5-10' on dyno proven 800hp trucks. The 6.4 you see on diesel power mag big single charger good running truck. Been staying in front of it with ease.

From my smart car.

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Code:
Enlighten por favor

What's to enlighten? 6.6L displacemt. The only big differences between any of the models is the turbo, tuning, and emissions equipment. Get Efi live, an aftermarket turbo and all deletes if necessary and they are damn near identical.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Code:

What's to enlighten? 6.6L displacemt. The only big differences between any of the models is the turbo, tuning, and emissions equipment. Get Efi live, an aftermarket turbo and all deletes if necessary and they are damn near identical.

That's what helps make the DMax better in itself. They have had a reliably built combination so it wasn't necessary to "redesign the wheel".

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Code:

You don't have to explain anything, he knows. He's just trolling.

The jwarren/powerdog - powerstroked troll act.......beavis and butthead. So dipshit powerdog thought it would be fun to join powerstroked and play games on here.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Putting 5-10 feet on 800hp+ dyno proven trucks means absolutely nothing. Means your set-up is better. Suspension, tires, what have u. Take your truck and line it up at the strip and see where u fall. U can win pulls with half the horsepower as the next guy, happens everyday. Kinda just like the dpc12 this year. Ford had no where near the highest power but being consistant and set-up was why they blew it out of the water.

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
Putting 5-10 feet on 800hp+ dyno proven trucks means absolutely nothing. Means your set-up is better. Suspension, tires, what have u. Take your truck and line it up at the strip and see where u fall. U can win pulls with half the horsepower as the next guy, happens everyday. Kinda just like the dpc12 this year. Ford had no where near the highest power but being consistant and set-up was why they blew it out of the water.

My setup is no better, these guys i run with are points pullers with full pull. Just takes more track speed. It tough to get into the top pay out spots have not got knocked out of payout spots yet. Usually 27 trucks in the class

From my smart car.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
video in his signature doesn't look impressive to me...

I keep thinking this thread died but it pops back on the list every day! :roflmao:

wyolb7

LB7 for Life!!!
Jul 21, 2011
Evanston, WY
I know I should have known this would start a war:rofl:

Im still not impressed with this ford I have to drive. Im just over 8000 miles now. It limited me to 50 mph for the 3rd time on sunday. POS

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I wouldn't take a 6.0 truck if you gave it to me, even after all the upgrades they still suck, to get power you almost need spray, and for the money you'd have in a 6.0 to be reliable you could build a Duramax with alot more power.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
yeah its funny how everybody talks about oh this ford is slow or bla bla bla, they might be slow but have any of you actually driven a 6.7 ford? they are by far the nicest trucks on the road today! period. the new denaili's are junk compared to the 6.7s. their interior is flawless and they ride as good as car. the interior on the new gms still sucks just like the lmms. i would trade my twined lbz in a heart beat for a 6.7 ford. and i bet if you put a trailer behind one it doesnt look like a little f'n dog draggin his ass on the carpet like the gms do.

I think that makes him gay??^^

Been in the new Fords. Not impressed at all. Theyre interiors are cooler if you have the mind of a 6 year old boy. Big flashy things and lots of pushy buttons. Denali has wayyyyyy more going for it inside and out, and under the hood too. Its actually refined luxury inside. Ever drive a bmw? Theyre simple yet classy, just like he GM interiors. But yes, to a 6 year old boy, the ford would seem nicer inside.

I lost to a Ford once. It was a spartan tuned 6.4 with meth and I had a stock trans and a predator. Efi live and a built trans and I was running circles around him. Especially once he melted a few of his pistons :roflmao::roflmao:. Now? they dont stand a snowballs chance in hell against me. And theyre falling apart like a typical ford. I can't even begin to tell u how many guys I know who have melted and cracked pistons. The trans was holding the power fine but only for a year or so. Theyre all falling apart now too.