$570 phone bil!!!

chevy_dmax

Apr 30, 2008
Gladstone, MO
x2 on the 2nd post, call provider and re-upgrade(?) back to a plan that will cover messages used per month, usually they do this, heard of co-workers doing this.

Bill.

reuter

Slow and Smokey ;)
Feb 4, 2009
Somonauk
thats outrageous the overage is that high per text. thru att its 3 cents per text over the 1500. my record was 4600 sent and 4400 recieved in one month :eek: that bill looked like a book when i took it out of the mail. but atleast it was after i changed to unlimited!!! ive talked to people around on other sites that have had texts per month around 15000. comeon people, get a life!!! :angel:

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I think through Sprint is like 10$ a month for unlimited text messages

x2 and thats for 4-phones. I think texting is the stupidest thing. I refuse to text and will not. By the time your half way done texting, you could have called them up had the conversation and be done and called two other people, also.:D

Last edited:

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
haha i'm very good at yelling when i'm mad i figured hey it helps the economy so i'll just pay it!! That just means my tranny comes a little slower then i wanted it too!!:mad:

haha good way to look at it

1. Being raped by a phone company that has a lot of their call centers off shore helps our economy? Um NO! Call them, explain whats up. I did something like this with my phone company and they were able to change my plan for the month I went over to a plan that covered the texts. All in all I had to pay more than my usual bill but it was still a couple hundred $'s less than what I was going to have to pay. Depending on how long you have been a customer, theres a good chance they will work with you.

2. No, not good way to look at it. Throwing money away to think you are stimulating the economy? What in the hell are you smoking? :confused:

Oh, and the money you save duramax215, if you really were so wanting to just GIVE it to the phone company, and you end up taking my advice and working with them and saving the money, you can feel free to cut me a check for the amount and send it this way. :thumb:

Last edited:

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
well i called and i got it dropped down to 353 which is better then 570. they screwed up and never put my plan up so all my texts were charged!!! but i still went over. i also went over on my mins. oh well!! she also gave me a birthday discount of 25 bucks haha so i upgraded my plan to unlimited texts, picture, and videos!! i won't have this problem again!!!:rofl:

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi

1. Being raped by a phone company that has a lot of their call centers off shore helps our economy? Um NO! Call them, explain whats up. I did something like this with my phone company and they were able to change my plan for the month I went over to a plan that covered the texts. All in all I had to pay more than my usual bill but it was still a couple hundred $'s less than what I was going to have to pay. Depending on how long you have been a customer, theres a good chance they will work with you.

2. No, not good way to look at it. Throwing money away to think you are stimulating the economy? What in the hell are you smoking? :confused:

Oh, and the money you save duramax215, if you really were so wanting to just GIVE it to the phone company, and you end up taking my advice and working with them and saving the money, you can feel free to cut me a check for the amount and send it this way. :thumb:

your to late!!! or else i woulda!!!:hug:

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
well i called and i got it dropped down to 353 which is better then 570. they screwed up and never put my plan up so all my texts were charged!!! but i still went over. i also went over on my mins. oh well!! she also gave me a birthday discount of 25 bucks haha so i upgraded my plan to unlimited texts, picture, and videos!! i won't have this problem again!!!:rofl:

still sounds fishy. you should call back and see if they are able to change your plan for the month you went over. this is when to start making threats (leave their company for another), or getting mad.

$353 is outrageous! I bet you can get it to half that or less if you try a little harder.

and a birthday discount? wow! :rofl:

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
your to late!!! or else i woulda!!!:hug:

unless you just paid the bill via phone, you still have time to call back. and even if you DID pay the bill, you could call and still try and re-work things as i have said.

ive been with my phone company for about 6 years now (verizon, real love hate relationship we have) and they have shown me they really value me as a customer, as i recently got laid off and they called me to collect a past due amount. rather than saying "ok we are going to shut your phone off until X day", they said "ok, pay your past due amount 2 weeks from the day they called, and your current due that is due in a week is now due in 3 weeks"...

ive had times where ive gotten mad with them on the phone previously, and i think they understand some people are in a crunch right now... granted you are not in same exact boat, giving in and just giving them the money is not the way to go.

you would be better off stimulating the economy by cutting this amount to them as much as possible, and then going and buying something/anything that is MADE IN AMERICA!:patriot:

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
i tried everything but i went over it was my fault i was on the phone for 1hour and 20 mins with her!!!!! i tried sweet talking her being mad everything!!she couldn't back date it so my new contract would be on there i tried what you mentioned above!!she's acctually calling me tomorrow or monday to inform me about everything and i'll put the squeeze on her to lower it even more!!;)

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
i tried everything but i went over it was my fault i was on the phone for 1hour and 20 mins with her!!!!! i tried sweet talking her being mad everything!!she couldn't back date it so my new contract would be on there i tried what you mentioned above!!she's acctually calling me tomorrow or monday to inform me about everything and i'll put the squeeze on her to lower it even more!!;)

sweet talking doesnt work with these phone company ladys. its all or nothing. you fell short there. get my drift? :rofl::rofl::hug:

good luck with when she calls back and trying to get her to lower it some more. :)

sucks they couldnt back-date it. what company you with?