5.0 V8 cummins in the Nissan Titan

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
On the other hand, im dying to hear all the cummins fanboys excuses about how "real diesel engines are inline 6-cylinders, not this wimpy V8 garbage"...I wonder if they will change their tune now that theres a smaller V8 out there with the almighty "C" on the valve covers. :rofl::roflmao:

Only the ignorant ones

It only takes one to finally step up to the plate. Hopefully that means GM/Ram will jump back into the game with their mini diesels.

Um, dude where've you been? http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/14/ram-1500-to-get-v6-turbodiesel-engine-later-this-year/

I'm not too happy Ram/Fiat chose the VM Motori over this. The Ram is 10 times the truck the Titan is.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
I thought I had read somewhere that Chrysler was building the titans????

Before the bankruptcy, there was a joint deal to use the same platform, but that went away during the economic trip to the toilet in 08/09. It was to be basically a rebadged Ram 1500, with minimal sheetmetal differences.

plazmamunky

Just A Few Months AWAY
Mar 31, 2013
Wichita, KS McConnell AFB
Still funny to listen to teh arrogant dodge guys saying the Cummins belongs in a dodge.

Have the mentioned what transmission will be used for the titan?

Dont see how it couldnt be fast seeing as how its boasting higher numbers than the rams diesel platform. but i feel that itll just rob it from the mpg. which could make for an interesting selling point.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Ill just keep driving my junk, but I'm loving the 1/2 ton diesel intro's into the market! It's been every rednecks dream since birth! Lol

plazmamunky

Just A Few Months AWAY
Mar 31, 2013
Wichita, KS McConnell AFB
I must be the "arrogant" Dodge guy you speak of, huh? So I like Dodges better than Nissans, sue me. Doesn't make me "arrogant".

If you had seen the facebook post on the annoncment of the cummins going into the nissan you would see what i mean. Its not my fault the company went bankrupt and turned down the cummins for the half ton dodge platform and instead opted for another engine. Cummins is merely an engine corporation not singely devoted to the dodge name. I personnally dont like the nissans. And agree it would be more "fitting" to see the cummins going back into a dodge because of the historty in the 3/4 and 1 ton lineup dodge is known for.