5.0 V8 cummins in the Nissan Titan

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Yes that would be amazing in a tundra. Dammit! I love my Duramax, but if and when Toyota debuts a good sized diesel for the tundra that will be the first brand new truck I buy. I loved my first Gen Tundras. Never have been a fan of Nissan or the titan.

sent from a galaxy far far away

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Its about time, kinda pissed me off when Chrysler said no to the v8 after they went bankrupt. Good to see a long project being put to good use.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
what a shame chrysler/ram didnt step up and try to put this engine the ram 1500

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Nice! I've always liked Titans more than Tundras. The motor will be in a better platform than a Dodge...

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i guess on the plus side they make some nice long travel kits for the titan

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
I will admit I would take the tundra over the titan any day but I still like the titan. My mom had an Armada (SUV version of the titan) for years and it was a really good truck! With a Cummins under the hood this should be a sweet ride!

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
They never had a v6 version, and the single charger was slated for non egr military apps. On highway is a sequential setup. Of course, Nissan may request design changes based on R&D results for drivability. I'm not sure where Diesel Power got their info from back in the day, but its DOHC, just a chain goes to one cam, then its gear to gear with the exhaust cam.

Have fun with the aluminum heads and 4 bolts per cylinder :roflmao:

IIRC the oil pump and cp3 are chain driven

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
On the other hand, im dying to hear all the cummins fanboys excuses about how "real diesel engines are inline 6-cylinders, not this wimpy V8 garbage"...I wonder if they will change their tune now that theres a smaller V8 out there with the almighty "C" on the valve covers. :rofl::roflmao:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
It only takes one to finally step up to the plate. Hopefully that means GM/Ram will jump back into the game with their mini diesels.

06_6.6

Haulin Assphalt
Sep 3, 2012
Indian Territory
550ft lbs of torque in a half ton with 6-lug axles? Whats the point?

Same thing I'm wondering. Thought this 300hp/500tq figure they're throwing out is funny. Thats more power than the 12 valves and most 24 valves in stock form. Also heard of a price of about $55k from the dealer.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Given how the weight and tow ratings of the "1/2 ton" trucks keep creeping up closer and closer to my 2500HD, I think 550 ft-lb is quite reasonable. Heck, the new GM 1500 is built stouter than the K20's back in the day. It's the march of progress...

As for the 6-lug axles, I don't think it will be a problem. People drag race and put a lot more power than 550 ft-lb through 6-lug axles all the time. I just hope they go full-floater.

I also prefer the Tundra to the Titan, but the Titan is a better home for a Cummins than the Ram ever was, IMO. In 15 years, this Cummins will still have a truck around it. :spit: