4wd boost launch

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Air down your tires put it 4x4 and launch it on your highest setting at 3,000 rpm I or just before it pulls through the brakes. Once you totally snap the front end, and blow up the stock tranny, advertise it on Craig's List for sale as is where is with a note that you are too ****ing stupid to own a good diesel truck.:thumb::roflmao:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
:thumb:Before you buy any kind on braces, look long and hard at All Seasons steering bracket. Much simpler design and cheaper/easier to install. Much more effective at keep the centerlink from rotating too, in my experience.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
The big key to boosted launches is lower is better.

I have a ton of passes on nothing more than a set of sleeves and bottomed out torsion bars, I can launch hard enough to blow the left front off hard enough to pour smoke off it and have had no issues at all. Other than a crappy 60ft.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
OUCH that broke some parts experienced guys who repaired these tell new guys that can happen if you don't have certain parts to make it stronger first before you jump on it like drag 4 wheel launchin'. On pavement the front is at the mercy of time it just seems.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
All that's really needed is sleeves and good geometry.

Bracing or straight center link will allow a less than perfect geometry and help even if you do have it well set up.

One thing I see a bunch is guys launching way too hard, which is detrimental to drivetrain/steering parts and doesn't help 60ft. Either.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
If you really want to do your frontend right go to the Dmax store and look at their Kryptonite front end for these trucks. They are the absolute best period.:thumb: