4 monthes and 20,000 miles on a belt?

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Anyone here of a belt drying up and causing sqweel. It was only on since Dec 14 2015, approx 20,000 miles? Now New belt and no more sqweel. ???

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
AC Delco. Had dealership change out idlers and tensioner at the time.

Been having a lot of replaced parts fail from work done at the shop.

This time went to different shop.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Is this on your 2013? This is a super long shot, but the LML's had problems with the rubber fan stator isolators flipping forward and rubbing a pinhole in the radiator, which definitely has cause squealing noises due to coolant contamination on the belt. However it sometimes is very hard to notice.

Coolant contamination makes belts squeal drastically btw.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
No its on the 2010. Only idlers and tensioner on pulley system have been changed @ 720k other than belt.

Kilowatt39

Diesel Addict
May 10, 2016
SoCal
So, I have found out recently that the Dayco Belts have a tendency to squeal while still fairly new. I just bought an AC Delco to change out tonight. Same things, idler and tensioner pulleys are new and the belt is relatively new. Sprayed water between belt and alternator pulley and squeal went away. if this doesn't work, going to gator back belt.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I've had terrible luck with the dayco belts. (Squealing)

I've had really good luck with the gatorback belts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I have had some luck with your regular ol WD40 on the belt. Since WD40 sucks for anything long term because it drys up and leaves a sticky film. It is purfict for belts. Also seems to soften the rubber a tad too which also helps keep it from squeaking

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Anyone know of a good belt in the 149" range that won't come apart from RPM? Or one to use with a van thermostat housing and dual cp3's...Our truck during the UCC lost 6 belts. We have been using Gates belts. All brand new idlers and a brand new metal wheel tensioner. We even tried a plastic wheel tensioner. Same results...if we saw 4600+ rpm, it was guaranteed to have shredded the belt. We tried different cp3 brackets and even a new cp3 pulley.

The belt would either snap right in half or it would shred. I've been running the exact same belts and routing on my personal truck with zero issues. I have never seen over 4500 rpm though, so I am assuming the rpm is what is killing them.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I've got the gates 149" and have seen 5k when my old trans was slipping. AC Delco tensioner, AC idler, PPE idker by the dual pump, and PPE idler down by the crank/tensioner area.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Recently tapped off power steering resivoir low pressure return and added a cooler, along with sucking out as much fluid as I could. Old fluid smelt burnt and looked brown.

Sequel turning left from a stop is pretty much eliminated.