4.67 @ 164.71 1/8 mile Time slip .

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Lsa is more important than you lend to Greg. Not saying it's the end all, but is sure important. Advance and retard are also an important part of the equation that you didn't mention, along with reversion that's a big problem in cams with high intake duration.

But I'm sure you knew that.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Lsa is more important than you lend to Greg. Not saying it's the end all, but is sure important. Advance and retard are also an important part of the equation that you didn't mention, along with reversion that's a big problem in cams with high intake duration.

But I'm sure you knew that.

Wade , since I've ground and sent you cams, the ones you now copy, never mind

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
destroked to turn higher RPM's, yeah?
the cam spec makes me chuckle a bit, cuz that seems crazy to me, as my NA 500chp LS2 used a bigger profile cam than that and still had great street manners w/a 3000rpm stall:D I'm not questioning a dang thing, just thought it was funny...yes I'm simple

What would make you think a NA gas engine was anywhere near comparable to a turbo diesel with lots of boost?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Lsa is important but valve timing event is the most important part of the equation and most all diesel cam manufacturers do not and will not disclose that information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Greg, I'm positive Wade dont copy a thing you do, or care for that matter. Last I saw many of the heavy hitter dyno, and puller/ track guys use ngm cams, this is know cause I've seen who they go out to once we finish them.

Wade did warn me that you would try to claim his work as your own, and defraud his work, he was spot on.

Oh and for the record, I just messaged him, and he got ONE REGIND CUMMINS CAM FROM YOU IN 2006, never got another, started making his own because yours wiped the tappets out. You couldn't pay him to use your junk, let alone copy them!

I'm sure if he was allowed on here he'd wipe the floor with your ignorance.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Another thing, greg. From the specs I see you post they are way different than what wade does. Just a fyi.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
There is a lot to cam profiles . The numbers at .050are just part of the story. I have a 210 degree @ .050 exhaust lobe that has the same .200 numbers as the 218 lobe. I use it where we are trying to fit a bigger cam in a tight clearance motor. The Duramax has considerable more rocker ratio on the exhaust then the intake. The correct Ratio is 1.34 Intake and 1.64 on the exhaust .

I hear a lot about LSA ( Lobe separation Angle ). This number and ILC ( Intake Lobe Center line) are number often used for the novice cam buyer to get an idea of the specs on a cam but really have no use to an advanced engine builder The only proper way to look at cam profiles , is to look at each events numbers individually . IE Open of exhaust , Close of Exhaust, Open of the Intake and close of the intake.

When you are chasing power, and doing engine development, you should only change one of those numbers at a time. For instance, if you have a small cam profile like a 205 210 110 installed in at 100 ILC that works well. This cam spools the chargers well, and runs good but will hit the wall around 4500 rpms. The smart move is to let the intake valve stay open longed to catch a little more air. This profile,closes the intake valve at 22.5 degrees ABDC meaning the pistons is 22.5 degrees coming back up the bore, lets add 10 more degrees. The intake is now closing at 32.5 degrees ABDC. This 10 degrees is a good amount , and will move the upper RPM up by about 500 rpms , It will starting getting a little softer around 2000 rpms , but not much. Nowthe ILC it has now changed to 105 and LSA has changed to 112.5 so the cam spec are now 215 210 112.5 installed in at 105 .

Why only changed one number. You have to make little steps , and keep an open mind I hear the Cummins guys say that only one LSA works in a Cummins 108 . This is just lack of real knowledge of how this all work. I some times believe that when you buy a Duramax its like changing from a blond to a brunette
I have done cams as big at 240 210 116 , these are extreme and will lose lots of power down low , but make incredible power in a narrow power band up high.

as in any part of a development program you will eventually grind a fence post , but you have to go there to know where the end is at. Then years latter like in the Pro Stock cams what we once thought was not right comes back around.

There are people that bolts parts in and expect to run as fast or make as much power as the guy that beats on his stuff and tinkers . You get power buy working on it .

Good post :thumb: