Question: 4:56 gears for 9.25" ifs

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I am looking for 4:56 gears for the front of my truck (9.25") and am wondering what's a good brand? I alread have US Gear brand for the rear that are made in the USA, but they don't make 4:56 for the front axle. Are Yukon's worth the extra money? I've heard they are just reboxed cheaper gears? Any info would be great. It will be for a 2.6 pulling truck.

Thanks Zak

I'm leaning toward Nitro gears, they have a 2 year warranty.

1pieceatatime

Mar 30, 2014
Schuyler NY
I am looking for 4:56 gears for the front of my truck (9.25") and am wondering what's a good brand? I alread have US Gear brand for the rear that are made in the USA, but they don't make 4:56 for the front axle. Are Yukon's worth the extra money? I've heard they are just reboxed cheaper gears? Any info would be great. It will be for a 2.6 pulling truck.

Thanks Zak

Yukons are either Yukons or reboxed OEM gearsets. Some applications Yukon will rebox the OE gears, and sometimes they will substitute OE gears in a Yukon box for supply availability reasons.

IMHO, USA standard, Yukon, Dana, AAM are the brands everyone should be looking at gear wise, Dana and AAM being OEMs.

1pieceatatime

Mar 30, 2014
Schuyler NY
If AAM made a set of 4:56 I would buy them, but they don't list any for the 9.25".

It was kind of a general statement.

They actually discontinued them not that long ago. The part number is in the 2013 distributor price sheet. I tried to get someone a set a few months back and that's when I found they were discontinued.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OscarMike

On the Move
Jun 25, 2014
North Vancouver BC

Thanks Zak

Motive Gear makes a quality product and the pricing isn't too bad. I've used several different sets of Motive Gears on my various vehicles and have never had a problem. Yukon gear is marketed by Randy's Ring and Pinion, is their own brand and owned by them. I find Yukon to be a bit overpriced, although they seem to be not to bad a product.