3800-cfm Cummins Triples?!

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Just dropped off our latest creation last night. Truck is H&S Performances new drag truck project, we just finished up our biggest Triple Turbo system yet for them. 3800-cfm is now feeding into that built 6.7L engine, going to be fun to see what they can do with it after some of their awesome tuning on the dyno.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Big Triples Complete.MP4 - YouTube

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
looks good but i have to ask, why do you guys refuse to dump the wastegate into the downpipe? all of your kits are like that??

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
looks good but i have to ask, why do you guys refuse to dump the wastegate into the downpipe? all of your kits are like that??

Not all of them, just the competition kits. This is a drag truck, why not make it loud and obnoxious. The systems we've built for the street dump to the downpipe(s).

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
:thumb:what does 3800cfm equal to in lbs per min?

The atmosphere turbos flow 1900-cfm each, so there is a total of about 260lbs/min. Obviously their are multiple variables that affect that final number, but when it's all said and done, it's alot of air. haha

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Definitely lots of air. What is the HP goal?

Not sure what H&S has for plans or goals. We got the truck with the engine, suspension and chassis already built. Just needed the turbos. They'll be finishing up the rest of the truck and getting it vinyl wrapped. When they are ready to start engine tuning we'll head down to help fine tune the turbos and wastegates on the dyno. I don't know what their HP and E/T goals are going to be. Truck still has the 68RFE trans...

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Not sure what H&S has for plans or goals. We got the truck with the engine, suspension and chassis already built. Just needed the turbos. They'll be finishing up the rest of the truck and getting it vinyl wrapped. When they are ready to start engine tuning we'll head down to help fine tune the turbos and wastegates on the dyno. I don't know what their HP and E/T goals are going to be. Truck still has the 68RFE trans...

:confused: hmmmmmmmmm

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

ha.

turbo setup looks sweet though! :thumb: :cool:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Very nice :thumb: I heard about the truck being over there and couldn't wait to see what you guys had in store for it.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
what happened in AZ, didnt seem to be working all that well.

They are still running a 68RFE transmission, already broke the built trans once on the dyno, they got a second one it it the week of the event but didn't want to push it too hard at the track, what they did throw at it was still too much as it bounced of rev limiters and slipped pretty hard through every gear. Turbos are working awesome for them though, just need to get a trans in it that will hold. They have the truck currently set at about 1000hp on fuel with minimal tuning.