Question: 3 inch lift kit 2001 duramax

Kbagg

Oct 3, 2015
I'm looking for a small lift for my truck. I really don't want a 6 but looking that may be my only option. I'd like to get a 3 inch but not really finding much on it or reports on them. Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltr450ryder

Jul 12, 2012
racine WI
I have a cognito 4-6 ntbd turned down as low as it can go. Rides great the height his dam near perfect for my 33s wouldn't do it any other way. I can measure the fender height of you want.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
I have a cognito 4-6 ntbd turned down as low as it can go. Rides great the height his dam near perfect for my 33s wouldn't do it any other way. I can measure the fender height of you want.

This is the 100% best way to have good driveline angles with 33" or larger.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
zone makes a 3" lift, we just put one on a friends truck a couple months ago. It uses new UCA's, small diff spacers, and keys. We threw in a small block in the back for a little rake as well. So far he hasn't had any trouble with it. Not sure what he paid for it tho.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Hey there Kbagg!
I've got a used 6" fab tech lift sitting in a box
Send me a Pm if your interested and we can work out the details

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
zone makes a 3" lift, we just put one on a friends truck a couple months ago. It uses new UCA's, small diff spacers, and keys. We threw in a small block in the back for a little rake as well. So far he hasn't had any trouble with it. Not sure what he paid for it tho.

Glorified leveling kit.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado

What do your angles look like? I'm doing the same lift except on 35"s. I want to go as low as possible and clear the tires.

Kbagg

Oct 3, 2015
Honestly not sure yet. I just want a larger stance. Just not stock. Im thinking 16x10 wheels. Just an old school look.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Honestly not sure yet. I just want a larger stance. Just not stock. Im thinking 16x10 wheels. Just an old school look.

At 4" you will be doing some trimming of the front lower valance, and possibly the rear fender well with a 16x10 and 33"+ tire. Cognito at 4" will clear a 33" on a 9" wheel with 5.0-5.5" BS. There are hundreds of combos that "Will work", but the above is Cognito's standard.

Kbagg

Oct 3, 2015
Honestly I'm not familiar with wheel sizes and offsets and whatnot. I want to run a 16 and right now my truck looks stock. I've had the torsion bars turned up to make it level with factory wheels. I thought about keys and shackles or blocks. I want my tires to stick out roughly 1-2" from fender flares. Make it look like it was done in 01 when the truck first was on the street. It's an old truck but she is clean for the age. One of my fav body styles.

Kbagg

Oct 3, 2015
Oh and I've put 1.5 spacers on the back to have the rear Tires track same as the front.