24.25 mpg

921500Z71

Apr 14, 2009
Kansas
i think to be perfectly fair you should take whatever route but then take the exact same route back to where you began...that will cancel out and windage or elevation effects on the mileage...

only saying it becuase i get much better mileage on my home from the mountians then i do on the way there

I guess i forgot to say what route i did take exactly. Im in flatlands so there arent many hills. But i went from lawrence, ks to pittsburg, ks and turned around. Took the exact same way there and back. Just drove around a little while i was at pitt.

Thats damn good there mad max!!

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
nope I am from Windsor Ont. (The motor city or Canada (Next to the USA motor city)) and have been using MPG and mph for my life but I Live in Canada So I have to use km/h for speed. I even keep my truck set to Imperial units as I still have to look up what 19C is in F.

People will say a car gets 10l/100km and I have no clue what that is I even now had to look it up it is 23MPG

I did all the stupid math to convert L to Gal then get my MPG. it is a bit of work but in the end I have a clue what it means.

Now most of the time I get 19-24MPG it all had to do with my driving and if I get stuck idling for a long times.

If I drive like a nut I can get it down to 10MPG but that is harder then you think.

and what is a kmPG? km per gal?

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Thanks everyone. Im gonna go for a record setter. Im gonna take the same trip at the end of october or so. Mess with the tune a little bit and slow down a couple mphs. I figure i wont be winning a dyno event so maybe ill kick everyones behind in a mileage event.... I dont see why 26-27 isnt out of the question

I know I owe you some beer anyway but... If you get 27mpg I will buy you a head ache. Also you know when you switch to a bit taller of a tire that may help you aswell, without going to big and heavy in size, I htink you have some to gain there.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Nice #s I bet I could hit 24 if I slowed down enough as my truck sits now. Stock I averaged 20-21 at 65 on a 30 mile commute 5 of it not being hwy.

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
nope I am from Windsor Ont. (The motor city or Canada (Next to the USA motor city)) and have been using MPG and mph for my life but I Live in Canada So I have to use km/h for speed. I even keep my truck set to Imperial units as I still have to look up what 19C is in F.

People will say a car gets 10l/100km and I have no clue what that is I even now had to look it up it is 23MPG

I did all the stupid math to convert L to Gal then get my MPG. it is a bit of work but in the end I have a clue what it means.

Now most of the time I get 19-24MPG it all had to do with my driving and if I get stuck idling for a long times.

If I drive like a nut I can get it down to 10MPG but that is harder then you think.

and what is a kmPG? km per gal?

Yes I meant KM per gal.

I (I'm sure I'm not alone) think your math is off.
I'd be shocked to see an LMM net 20. I can't see any 2500 4X4 cc getting even close to 26, especially a non LB7. The only vehicle I'd ever heard of getting confirmed mileage above 25MPG with a duramax is 18to1.....

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Yes I meant KM per gal.

I (I'm sure I'm not alone) think your math is off.
I'd be shocked to see an LMM net 20. I can't see any 2500 4X4 cc getting even close to 26, especially a non LB7. The only vehicle I'd ever heard of getting confirmed mileage above 25MPG with a duramax is 18to1.....

Well on my next fill up I will start the math and see what I get. I will post the math when I get all the numbers.