20's and what tires.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
With how sue happy everyone is these days I can understand why they wouldn't mount them.

Exactly!

The tires are sitting at Discount and I cant even pick them up because they know what they are going on. Where does the crap end? How is everyone getting these tires mounted on an 8 lug wheel?

Called around and no one will mount them on an 8 lug wheel because the overall weight of the vehicle when loaded will go over the max load rating of the tire.

So much for trying to surprise the wife on Valentines Day... I knew I hated this holiday for a reason!

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
Damn. I'm glad I don't live near a big city. I call to order tires, they say what you? Tell them and bam. New tires in a few days.

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
hey i had the same problem but fletchers off of grand and reems will do it, they did mine atleast. They warned me and all this yada yada but my truck never tows so i wasnt worried. They should take care of ya i think 4 tires mounted and balanced was like 50 bucks?

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I never thought of Fletchers, there is one right down the road from the house. Did you bring the wheels and tires to them or the whole truck?

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
i just brought the 20s and tires, I wanted to mount them because i had to tighten my t bars and knowing most shops and my luck they would strip them out or something stupid. nothing against fletchers, you just cant trust some shop guys.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
All done!
aeeb80a6-0839-ee9e.jpg

aeeb80a6-07f3-55da.jpg
aeeb80a6-0804-cf76.jpg

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
Trying to decide on what to wrap a 20x9 +20mm offset wheel in. Will a 305/55 fit with a little torsion adjustment? Any better recommendations? Thanks for any help :thumb:

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Trying to decide on what to wrap a 20x9 +20mm offset wheel in. Will a 305/55 fit with a little torsion adjustment? Any better recommendations? Thanks for any help :thumb:

Thats a 33"+ tire. The positive BS might help some to cut down rubbing. I have always just bought the tires I wanted and worried about rubbing after. I have taken a grinder to more than 1 new truck.:D

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
Thats a 33"+ tire. The positive BS might help some to cut down rubbing. I have always just bought the tires I wanted and worried about rubbing after. I have taken a grinder to more than 1 new truck.:D

Thanks. Hehe, I just had the tires and rims mounted, did a little trimming now need to do some torsion bar adjustment, should be fine then. I'll post up pics when I get her all done.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
No problem. I'll be breaking out the grinder on the LML tomorrow. We'll see how bad it rubs after going down 2" in the front... :D

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Ive also been looking at lowering my front end back to stock and dropping the back to level it up. I want to use my bmfs but i'm afraid they will rub really bad. Right now they rub a little with 305/55/20s and the t-bars cranked. What size tire should i use to lower?

i run bmf 20x9 and they dont rub at all... right now T bar bolts are backed almost all the way out and it has a 3 in drop shackle in the rear... before it had a djm 3/5 lowering kit and they still did not rub!

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
So, who's got two thumbs and never buying Fuel wheels again? This guy. So I initially purchased the Fuel Hostage 20x9 wheels in chrome with a +20 offset (5.75). Immediately starting getting vibrations in the truck and assumed it was the tires cause the wheels were brand new. Went back to the tire shops four times before finding someone who knew what the hell they were doing with the machine. Turned out 2 of the wheels had a manufacturer defect, the center hub and lugs were not aligned with the outside of the wheel when they were cast.

I figure I am screwed because they had been mounted and run for about 300 miles. I contacted Amazon and had to talk to three different reps in India that I could return the bad ones, first one told me I would need to take it up with the manufacturer and she would send me the contact info. She never did so I called back and was given the number to a bicycle helmet company, WTF!:mad: So I call back for the third time and the guy tells me since it has been less than 30 days I can return for a refund or replacement :woott:

So I get the two replacements in, take them to the tire shop and guess what, same damn thing. So Amazon's policy is if you have the same problem more than once they will have to do a bin check to ensure the rest of the product was not bad, ha ya right. The policy is also that under those circumstances you cannot receive any further replacements and only be given a refund. So those are on their way back to Amazon finally.

Fine, so I decide to go through the local tire shop to get the wheels. Ya, they cost more but I don't have to deal with anyone but him or worry about returning the stoopid things. So he get four new ones in and BAM, same effed up problem. He finally gets in touch with MHT (Fuels parent company) and they acknowledged they had a problem (8x6.5 only) and there was a retool to correct the issue and assured us the problem was handled. They also sent us out four more wheels from the newly cut batch the next day. You guessed it same shit :mad:

So we call MHT again, and this guy was the opposite, telling us there was no issue with the wheels and we needed to use the "finger" balancer (centers on the lug holes rather than the center hub). That actually made the problem worse. Called MHT and they said there is still no issue with the wheels, changing their story from earlier in the week (different person there so obviously they are not all on the same page). So he is dealing with returning the wheels to fuel, or his warehouse is, and I am rockin some smooth as glass (in terms of balancing) RBP 94Rs (chrome with black inserts :woott:).

Just though I would share my experience with you all. Two good wheels out of fourteen is not a good statistic for MHT and their service, or lack there of, is pretty crappy IMHO.

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
Good question. Like I said, it took me three different tire shops and four people to find someone who knew what they were doing, or at least cared enough to tell me the wheels were effed up.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
So, who's got two thumbs and never buying Fuel wheels again? This guy. So I initially purchased the Fuel Hostage 20x9 wheels in chrome with a +20 offset (5.75). Immediately starting getting vibrations in the truck and assumed it was the tires cause the wheels were brand new. Went back to the tire shops four times before finding someone who knew what the hell they were doing with the machine. Turned out 2 of the wheels had a manufacturer defect, the center hub and lugs were not aligned with the outside of the wheel when they were cast.

I figure I am screwed because they had been mounted and run for about 300 miles. I contacted Amazon and had to talk to three different reps in India that I could return the bad ones, first one told me I would need to take it up with the manufacturer and she would send me the contact info. She never did so I called back and was given the number to a bicycle helmet company, WTF!:mad: So I call back for the third time and the guy tells me since it has been less than 30 days I can return for a refund or replacement :woott:

So I get the two replacements in, take them to the tire shop and guess what, same damn thing. So Amazon's policy is if you have the same problem more than once they will have to do a bin check to ensure the rest of the product was not bad, ha ya right. The policy is also that under those circumstances you cannot receive any further replacements and only be given a refund. So those are on their way back to Amazon finally.

Fine, so I decide to go through the local tire shop to get the wheels. Ya, they cost more but I don't have to deal with anyone but him or worry about returning the stoopid things. So he get four new ones in and BAM, same effed up problem. He finally gets in touch with MHT (Fuels parent company) and they acknowledged they had a problem (8x6.5 only) and there was a retool to correct the issue and assured us the problem was handled. They also sent us out four more wheels from the newly cut batch the next day. You guessed it same shit :mad:

So we call MHT again, and this guy was the opposite, telling us there was no issue with the wheels and we needed to use the "finger" balancer (centers on the lug holes rather than the center hub). That actually made the problem worse. Called MHT and they said there is still no issue with the wheels, changing their story from earlier in the week (different person there so obviously they are not all on the same page). So he is dealing with returning the wheels to fuel, or his warehouse is, and I am rockin some smooth as glass (in terms of balancing) RBP 94Rs (chrome with black inserts :woott:).

Just though I would share my experience with you all. Two good wheels out of fourteen is not a good statistic for MHT and their service, or lack there of, is pretty crappy IMHO.

Do you know if MHT cut the hub and lug pattern in the wheel or did the wheel dealer/seller? I know MHT will sell wheel blanks to the wheel dealer/seller and they cut the lug pattern and hub opening in them.