2017 ZL1 Camaro

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I had the chance to atlaeast own this one was couple years old at the time I got it. Was 2010 with a 6 speed manual. Put down just shy of 600 at wheels got very carried away with it at the time an sold it. If I could go back I would have nvr sold it an kept my lly. Car was a blast to drive 175 was last recorded speed I had in it. Had comp cam don't member specs. Stage 3 clutch heads ported an polished full comp valve train full mbrp stainless exhaust 3-1/2 inch with kooks long tube headers tuned out in Brainerd Minnesota.

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 57

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I'm not going to lie I need this car in my life in a really bad way:D

[YOUTUBE]FrFnrcpBj5k[/YOUTUBE]

Did anyone notice that he kept it in drive/automatic the whole time? I dont think I saw him use the paddle shifters once.

Also, I noticed he left stability control on the whole time.

Killing it on the Nurburgring with the trans in auto and ESC on...pretty amazing how far automotive electronics and software has come... :cool:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Did anyone notice that he kept it in drive/automatic the whole time? I dont think I saw him use the paddle shifters once.

Killing it on the Nurburgring with the trans in auto and ESC on...pretty amazing how far automotive electronics and software has come... :cool:

i was looking REALLY hard to see if he was, then i thought "na, hes using the paddle shifters. Ive never seen an auto hold rpm when you decel into a corner on these domestic cars". thats pretty damn awesome!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Probably has it in the competition mode or whatever they call it.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga

Yes I did notice also. I think its a 10 spd auto with rev matching. everything I have read about it says get the auto and just drive it. Technology is amazing.
I have been after the wife to let me get one of these, but sadly I think she would rather travel than make another car payment.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Probably has it in the competition mode or whatever they call it.

yep, for sure. Allows a decent bit of wheel spin without reducing engine torque, raises intervention thresholds and allows more adverse yaw before brake intervention......but is still there for minor corrections, and to save your ass if you really mess up.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

Yes, it totally blew me away. Can't believe how good the auto's have become:thumb:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
The new ZL1 is badass! Still slower than an M4 DTM though. :D

yep, for sure. Allows a decent bit of wheel spin without reducing engine torque, raises intervention thresholds and allows more adverse yaw before brake intervention......but is still there for minor corrections, and to save your ass if you really mess up.

Thats some real-life racecar tech theyre putting in these newer cars.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

When they ran the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V around the Ring, IIRC, they used John Heinricy, who is a nice guy but no spring chicken, just a veteran auto racer. He told me he left it in Drive, and never touched the paddles of the automatic. It ran in the very high 7's at the time on the OEM tires, and claimed the quickest Ring time of any 4 door car at any price.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The new ZL1 is badass! Still slower than an M4 DTM though. :D

Thats some real-life racecar tech theyre putting in these newer cars.

How much is that BMW???? 160k? let me put another 90k in that ZL1 and lets rematch:D

In all seriousness though, I'm blown away that a lowly Camaro can put times down like that. Be interesting to see what the 18' Z/28 will do.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Heck today I drove a 2016 F-150 with the small Ecoboost, running in "Sport" mode. Going from full throttle to zero throttle immediately still keeps it in the same gear even at redline. Amazing how far this technology has gone!