2016 Obama's America

Status
Not open for further replies.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Do you know what capital gains tax is? He is recieving money off his invested money that had already been taxed.

Ummmm....that's not how capital gains tax works...

Capital gains tax isn't taxing the SAME money again, its taxing the PROFIT made from investment.

ie - he invested $100,000, made $30,000, taxed on the $30,000, not $130,000.

rtcook

<--- Slow
Mar 3, 2009
Carlisle, Ky

Capital gains tax isn't taxing the SAME money again, its taxing the PROFIT made from investment.

Yeah, i know what it is. Just didn't proof read what I wrote. :thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

So let's say I invest 100.000.00 of MY money and I make 30,000.00 like the above example. Now the gov becomes my partner and wants a piece of it as do all the liberals that invested nothing because you guys think I need to pay my fair share. What happens when I lose the entire amount of MY money? Will you liberals or the gov still be my partner and help me out by giving me some money? Pretty one sided don't you think?

rtcook

<--- Slow
Mar 3, 2009
Carlisle, Ky
So let's say I invest 100.000.00 of MY money and I make 30,000.00 like the above example. Now the gov becomes my partner and wants a piece of it as do all the liberals that invested nothing because you guys think I need to pay my fair share. What happens when I lose the entire amount of MY money? Will you liberals or the gov still be my partner and help me out by giving me some money? Pretty one sided don't you think?

No, if you were'nt so successful you wouldn't have had that money to begin with!:D

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

Well Mike, when you lose your money and show a loss on your taxes, you're taxed less are you not? And do you not have tax free earnings up to a certain dollar amount and then in stages? I'm not sure how your system works.

Up here, with my company for example, I pay corporate income tax of approx 11% on whatever my profit is. If I lose money, I pay zero taxes.

On personal income, the first $11,000 or so is tax 'free', then it goes up in increments.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well Mike, when you lose your money and show a loss on your taxes, you're taxed less are you not? And do you not have tax free earnings up to a certain dollar amount and then in stages? I'm not sure how your system works.

Up here, with my company for example, I pay corporate income tax of approx 11% on whatever my profit is. If I lose money, I pay zero taxes.

On personal income, the first $11,000 or so is tax 'free', then it goes up in increments.

I understand what you're saying but after you pay your corp. 11% tax; when you take that money out for yourself, you are taxed again at the regular income tax level. So you got taxed double.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I understand what you're saying but after you pay your corp. 11% tax; when you take that money out for yourself, you are taxed again at the regular income tax level. So you got taxed double.

Well of course I am, it's still income tax.

Even as an owner, I'm technically still an employee, right?

It's actually on two scales up here...if I leave the money in the company, it's 11%. If I take it out, I'm not paying the 11% on it, it becomes personal income and at that point is taxed at approx 27%.

How does it work there?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Yup, double taxation for "C" class corps.

The average middle class American pays over 50% of their gross income on taxes and mandates in our state.

There are now hundreds of various taxes, "fees", and mandates, most of them you don't really notice.

Let's say you buy a dirt bike:

You pay income taxes on the money first, then you pay sales tax, then you pay registration fees, then you pay taxes for gasoline, THEN they charge you to ride it on public land. Also the tires have an excise tax and there might be some other fees as well.

It's freakin crazy now, and they want to raise the % of taxes even more in all areas. We are not talking a fixed $ increase, but a %. Percentage taxes should never have to go up, because as the economy improves, the tax goes up automagically.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It's not a double tax.

If I was an employee I would be paying income tax anyway. If the company makes nothing, I pay no corporate taxes.

2012 - You take a salary of $100k, corp makes $100k. Both are taxed.
2013 - You take a salary of $100k, corp makes $100k. Both are taxed.
2014 - You draw a $200k salary, spending the past earnings, corp makes another $100k, both are taxed.

So the extra $100k from 2014 was already corporate taxed, then it put you in a higher bracket when you drew it out.

Yes, if your corp never makes money, all is well. However, it sucks if you have a bad year or two. No reserves, you close the doors.

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
We need less government spending(waste) so we dont need as much taxation..

Wait till you have to pay tax on the profit of selling your home.. Thanks again Obama care.

ammo tax(or higher firearm tax) , coming soon to an area near YOU.

assualt rifle tax.. NOT needed because you wont be able to buy one.

The fee(tax) for a season pass to Glamis was 30 bucks not to long ago. It jumped to 60 then 90 real fast.. The blm has(had) a huge excess of funds after paying trash and rangers etc.

Anyone else know where the rest of the funds went? Need an idea? :mad:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
We need less government spending(waste) so we dont need as much taxation..

Wait till you have to pay tax on the profit of selling your home.. Thanks again Obama care.

ammo tax(or higher firearm tax) , coming soon to an area near YOU.

assualt rifle tax.. NOT needed because you wont be able to buy one.

The fee(tax) for a season pass to Glamis was 30 bucks not to long ago. It jumped to 60 then 90 real fast.. The blm has(had) a huge excess of funds after paying trash and rangers etc.

Anyone else know where the rest of the funds went? Need an idea? :mad:
Tax on home sales is only for the portion over the exemption level. This is not a sales tax it is a capital gains tax. It is possible but not all that likely some americans will pay this "TAX" for example married couple exemtion is 500K only if you realize over 500K of equity is the amount of 500K taxed at 3.8% Don't forget you got an entitlement in the form of a mortgage interest deduction for the life of the loan, which I am sure was alot more the government gave than they "might" take away.
There is no proof Obama is going to take anyones guns. Just opinion.
I go to Glamis and I do not care if I have to pay $90 a year. it keeps law enforcment and medical aid there. I know I almost died out there.
I agree we need less waste in government.

killian44p

Earth Roamer
Oct 9, 2012
Nevada
I wish I was

You are totaly misinformed.

I actually know to much and this is my last I promise. The one thing that everyone should consider and Romney has made it public he will shut down planned parent hood, in favor of what? Back to illegal abortions, any drugs that pro life do not like will become black market. A woman's right is taken from her so we get to backwards and history once again repeats itself. That decision is between her and God NOT US. Do you want that responsibility? Planned parent hood has done an awesome job of keeping abortions way way down from what it used to be. With them gone we will create once again one of the real monsters of old. Hey maybe they could get a there piercings done and maybe a tattoo too and an abortion for one low price.......tasteless yes very much so and yet a strong and real possibility. You have got to talk to the people of MA. he is responsible for out sourcing and sending american jobs to China, he is the cheater. How do you make jobs from that guys? Is he going to call his buds up and say hey can we have those back. Maybe Romney should get in office, maybe then it will wake you up I'm just not sure we could survive it. All the regs that actually protect us will be gone. You really think a sweet talking liar and Ryan anti-Christ SOB actually gives a crap about you.......you are truly misinformed one of the 53%? BTW the reason I know to much. I still have Republican and Democrat friends in D.C. and my Republican friends are telling me to be afraid and down right scared. Ryan does in fact scare me to death. He very much wants Social Security gone period and ANY government funded program that actually helps anybody gone, even the GOP is nervous about him. Any regulations that hold back big oil will be on the chopping block, healthcare reform will not happen, well it will be reformed in the favor of the insurance companies, your voucher program for medicare. You had better be well above Romney's 200k a year middle class or your SOL. If Warren Buffet was running I would hands down vote for him and I wish he had. Obama needs to get pissed off and show it.

Last edited:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I actually know to much and this is my last I promise. The one thing that everyone should consider and Romney has made it public he will shut down planned parent hood, in favor of what? Back to illegal abortions, any drugs that pro life do not like will become black market. A woman's right is taken from her so we get to backwards and history once again repeats itself. That decision is between her and God NOT US. Do you want that responsibility? Planned parent hood has done an awesome job of keeping abortions way way down from what it used to be. With them gone we will create once again one of the real monsters of old. Hey maybe they could get a there piercings done and maybe a tattoo too and an abortion for one low price.......tasteless yes very much so and yet a strong and real possibility. You have got to talk to the people of MA. he is responsible for out sourcing and sending american jobs to China, he is the cheater. How do you make jobs from that guys? Is he going to call his buds up and say hey can we have those back. Maybe Romney should get in office, maybe then it will wake you up I'm just not sure we could survive it. All the regs that actually protect us will be gone. You really think a sweet talking liar and Ryan anti-Christ SOB actually gives a crap about you.......you are truly misinformed one of the 53%? BTW the reason I know to much. I still have Republican and Democrat friends in D.C. and my Republican friends are telling me to be afraid and down right scared. Ryan does in fact scare me to death. He very much wants Social Security gone period and ANY government funded program that actually helps anybody gone, even the GOP is nervous about him. Any regulations that hold back big oil will be on the chopping block, healthcare reform will not happen, well it will be reformed in the favor of the insurance companies, your voucher program for medicare. You had better be well above Romney's 200k a year middle class or your SOL. If Warren Buffet was running I would hands down vote for him and I wish he had. Obama needs to get pissed off and show it.

It scares me that you can vote. Your right though Planned parenthood is great, there should be one on every block in the ghetto, knocking them off 18 years and 1 months before they grow up like you with your twisted misinformed political views.

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
Tax on home sales is only for the portion over the exemption level. This is not a sales tax it is a capital gains tax. It is possible but not all that likely some americans will pay this "TAX" for example married couple exemtion is 500K only if you realize over 500K of equity is the amount of 500K taxed at 3.8% Don't forget you got an entitlement in the form of a mortgage interest deduction for the life of the loan, which I am sure was alot more the government gave than they "might" take away.
There is no proof Obama is going to take anyones guns. Just opinion.
I go to Glamis and I do not care if I have to pay $90 a year. it keeps law enforcment and medical aid there. I know I almost died out there.
I agree we need less waste in government.

There is no mortgage interest deduction of you own it outright. And we pay capitol gains anyway.

The $90 a year doesnt ALL go to offroaders, IS THE POINT. :mad:

Law enforcement tickets enough to pay for their patrols, and then some.

Medical care is ALSO charged to the consumer.

And yes, your gun rights will become less. His history of it is proof enough.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
The government needs to fix the whole unemployment thing, it makes no sense to get a job that would pay you less than you get sitting at home doing nothing. At the moment a good friend is doing that, granted he is a fresh out marine so I hold nothing against him, but for the general public... no sense.

That, and this whole "entitlement" mindset, dunno where the **** that came from, but, you work, and you buy stuff with your money, not mine.

Oh and drug testing welfare applicants and or, forcing the money to be used to buy food products only, would be a nice start.

/redneck hillbilly thoughts.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I would LOVE it if they quit drawing SS from my check every damn week & I'd even forfeit whatever I've paid in to this point if they'd quit effective immediately. I'll take care of my own retirement, thank-you-very-fuggin-much!!! I don't need the govt thinking they can do it for me & in turn, waste MY money by robbing from the fund (me, you & every other person whose paid the SS tax as long as they've worked) to pay for their other absolutely foolish & completely FAILED social welfare programs.

I wish they'd wipe them ALL out!! If that's Ryan's stance, I hope he finishes the term for Romney & gets some chit right around here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.